52 Monark Firestone Super Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Got a call over the weekend about this one. Met the guy on the roadside.

I have not verified the serial number yet but, could be a 1952 and no doubt an great survivor.

Girls Firestone Super Cruiser. All OG. Rims are real rough and the Goodyear tires are cracked but, was able to air them up and took a test ride. Frame may be a shorter 26" version.

Was told the seller picked up from a farm from the OG owner who said she got it at the age of 8. Her dad got her this knowing it was too big for her but, said she would grow into it.

The 26" tires fit snugly within the fenders and could be correct. I wonder if it was originally a 24" tired bike. Not knowing the correct measurement for a 24" frame vs a 26" frame (seatpot top to the center of the BB)...anybody have those measurements?

It's too short for my wife so it must go. Email me if there is interest. Will post soon with the price.
[email protected]

Was told the trainlight worked before he showed it me. The horn is nice and loud.

Still a nice call and find I think, and a cool pastel green color, which apparently was the common color.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Another nice score for you jd! If you decide to sell let me know...P 8)

Measure the distance from top of seatpost to centerline of crank... should be around 18 inches.

The tires tuck way up into the fenders because the fenders wrap down exceptionally far. Those are the deepest fenders ever used and are what makes the senior series Monarks so distinctively heavy looking. Nice find, killer color!

dougfisk said:
Measure the distance from top of seatpost to centerline of crank... should be around 18 inches.

The tires tuck way up into the fenders because the fenders wrap down exceptionally far. Those are the deepest fenders ever used and are what makes the senior series Monarks so distinctively heavy looking. Nice find, killer color!

18" would be a 24" framed bike or a 26" for these Monarks?

Latest posts

Back