56T: Tribute to My Dad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well another Build off bike done and dusted! I had a get time with a bunch of great people and bikes.
The coolest part of the build off is that there is a bunch of really cool new bikes on the road. Thanks Steve!

I had this bike for 3 years and never built it and then I thought I'd build a tribute bike to my Dad's 56 Chev that he ordered special with a unique two tone paint job. My Uncle said once "I don't know why Ronnie had it made that way". After building this bike, I know exactly why, he had a stylish eye :cool:
Think my Dad would have like it and would have said something like "Schnazzy!" LOL
IMG_0295.jpg

Took it out for ride yesterday even though it looked like it was going to storm. I can see why you guys like all the doodads on the front, it fun to look at :)
IMG_0267.jpg

Seen this garage mural many times but just realized it had the same colors in it
IMG_0270II.jpg

Got down to the Community garden and it looked stormy
IMG_0276.jpg

Got under some shelter when it started to rain to see if it was going to downpour. Just rain isn't a problem any more now that I have fenders LOL. I really like this shot.
IMG_0281.jpg

Headed home in the rain but later the sun came out in a cool sunset so I just had to try and get some puddle shots. This one was in the middle of the street LOL
IMG_0294II.jpg

Parking lots have a little less traffic
IMG_0296.jpg

The tank design that took 3 years to get right LOL
IMG_0297.jpg

Went out this afternoon (Sunday) to get some sunshine shots before it rains again. Cruised over to Lake Nokomis. This is a 40lbs bike but it's geared perfect for cruising sand I can't get anywhere fast, so I have to just relax and enjoy the ride:) The bike is very comfortable to ride so I'm really happy about that.
IMG_0313.jpg

Lots of people out and about enjoying the summer day at the lake
IMG_0318.jpg

Had to get at least one left side shot in LOL
IMG_0320.jpg

Got a few "Nice Bike!" comments as I was taking this one
IMG_0322.jpg

Stop at Lake Hiawatha since the bike started as a Hiawatha
IMG_0323.jpg

This build off was again just a blast to be in. :):):) So many cool bikes, really imaginative ideas, and just awesome to look at!! Now I have time to check out all the other bikes;):)

Link to the build thread:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/56t-finished-with-new-pics.83288/

Thanks for looking and all your support
Steve

Last edited:
Very nice job, love the color pallet.

Latest posts

Back