62 Schwinn Straight Bar

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice man! Spoke length for a 7x to a red band (3 cross) is 258mm for what it’s worth. 259 works too.
Same for a high flange front hub.
I buy 258mm spoke by boxes of 100 as high flange front and a red band is my hub combo of choice.
Looking forward to seeing this build come together!!

Welp.... That sucked. 260mm is too long. I laced it hoping I could get some tension...NOPE! I should have come here first before ordering spokes. 258mm on order! Thanks for the tip Dizzle :)

IMG_3322.JPG

Both wheels complete! I laced the rear last night and trued it up on my Park Stand. I spent a quiet morning today rebuilding the Bendix Coaster since the family was away. Waiting on some different forks I purchased this morning on bmxmuseum and still waiting for my Brooks Flyer to show up in the mail box! Almost ready for summer cruisin!

IMG_3494.JPG

So.... Went to mount those Torker forks I bought at the midwest bmx show back in February and the steer tube was about 3/4" too short. UGH! I found another 26" fork with the correct length steer tube on bmxmuseum. They are probably Akisu brand or something like that, but they are chrome and have Schwinn King Sting style fork decals on them so they should look pretty cool at least :)

Last edited:
Wow a man of his word, you said it would be done by the weekend and what a job you did, looks GREAT [emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just came to look at this again. Beautiful.

I happen to be on my laptop as opposed to mobile, and I'm seeing you're in Marshall Mi. Thats the only town I've ever stayed in in MI. Nice lil town. Dark Horse has some good beers!

Slick ! :cool2:

Latest posts

Back