6th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Photos & Video Added!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 6th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (WIN BIKES!)

Ratfink1962 said:
Them baby's just aint right. Im not gonna even ask what your gonna do with them :lol:

+1

Who in thier right mind even thought of that... Its wrong on so many levels...

I think a good time was had by all. Great collection of bikes! Good weather and good friends made for a good day! Congrats to all who won awards! Looking forward to next year.

garagegoon said:
I think a good time was had by all. Great collection of bikes! Good weather and good friends made for a good day! Congrats to all who won awards! Looking forward to next year.

I know I had a blast! I was impressed with all the RRB members who were there. Really hope some of you guys get your modified skid bikes ready for next year. I will be shooting for 500' next time! Thanks for the grub, Mitch, it was wonderful as usual.

Re: 6th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Photos Added!)

Well it looks like we missed a good one. With my wife just getting home from an extended vacation, and the recent news of an up coming lay-off, I just couldn't make the 4 1/2 hr. drive (one-way). I'll just have to shoot for the swap in April!

WE had a blast, My even said she had a good time too. I got 2nd place in classic bikes. With a little help from roadmaster, I was able to complete my Mattel Stallion with the seat he sold me. Thanks

14 RRB forum members in attendance is very cool.

Can't wait to see the photos. :D

I'm sorry, :shock: :oops: I need to make a correction on here I bought my seat from Stonefish, and I thank you for selling it to me. The seat is a great looking seat. :D

I bought a 41 columbia tank from Roadmaster, and I received it Saturday just as my wife and was pulling out of the driveway to go to Mid West Bike Fest. Great tank too. :D But the bike I bought it for is the wrong frame for the tank, so I'm got to steal my wifes garden art bike and replace it, :wink: so I'll have a bike for the tank.

Thanks to the both of you and I'll get some pix up soon.

Don
Dos cruiser

Dos... that Mattel bike was waaay cool! thats a lot of chrome, had to wear... 8) just to get a good look at it.

Food stats...
192 hot dogs and buns
30 plus pounds of smoked pulled pork and 120 buns
3 gallons of baked beans
150 bags of assorted chips
40 hot links
I donk know how many bags of cookies
lots and lots of ice
and only 23 burnt knuckle hairs this year.

Next year Im pondering doing Hamburgers instead of pulled pork, thinking its time to change up the menu a little.

I plan to have the skid bike completed for next year, Plus there will be some new stuff in the works.

Thanks Mitch, The food was good and it looked like everybody was enjoying it.
It took a lot of time, stealwool and polish to get it to shine, and to think I almost don't take it. Now I'm really happy I went ahead and finished it Saturday morning just before leaving.

Dos_cruiser and the other KC guys, thanks for making the trip once again.

Here's a video of Skid Row, Save The Baby and Parade Ride. Be sure to stick around after the credits http://locojoe.com/coasters/archives/73 ... hotos.html

I didn't get many good photos or video. I have this problem with my camera that when I think I'm recording I'm not and vise versa. Thanks to a friend for catching that highlight of the skid contest.

Winner of the burrito raffle bike. He's actually a member her but hasn't posted in ages.
IMG_7276.JPG

Winner of the Kustom Kruiser raffle bike
IMG_7273.JPG

65rat winner Grillmaster's Choice Ratrod
IMG_7268.JPG

Billy winner Favorite Freak-bike
IMG_7267.JPG

Winner People's Choice Kustom
IMG_7266.JPG

Winner People's Choice Classic
IMG_7264.JPG

Me documenting Udallcustombikes record breaking skid
IMG_7226.JPG

Garagegoon (right) getting ready to Save the Baby
IMG_3809.JPG

IMG_3742.JPG

IMG_3794.JPG

450redrider said:
I had a great time and great food, Next year you better be prepared in Udall I'll be skidding past you all the way to Texas :lol:

That is what I want. The skid contest is on the verge of a whole new realm. I hope we get a bunch more mod bikes next year.

Latest posts

Back