7 year old son says: "That would be COOL Daddy"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He always wears his helmet. He's got that habit anyway.

His head is not as hard as mine (or yours either, bud), but it's taken some blows as any boy's head will. And he's come out unscathed for now.

thatismytruck said:
I really need some help forum mates. I am very confused. I cannot find any bearing cups that fit the head tube on Boy's Stingray. I bought a "string of parts" from blink (thanks again blink) and none of the cups fit. They're all too big. In addition I cannot find a handle bar stem/goose neck to fit the forks (both his schwinn and my murray). Just plain confused.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

looks good mang, sorry none of those parts fit.
i am sure you will find good use for them in the future!

Later in the day I took this photo. I just really liked the way it looked so I'm posting it for you all.

DSC02942.jpg

Wow that really captures it all...The garbage container, the phone, the chair...J/K. :wink:

Seriously though,it really is a cool angle! :D

Woot!!!

ifitsfreeitsforme and I wandered over to his garage at lunch today and he had some bearing cups that fit Boy's bike!!!! Boy will be so psyched!!! He can grease it up and put it together tonight!! (after homework of course :wink: )

One night last week we put the bike together and he took it for a ride. the chain broke. It was late so we put it in the basement and went about our week. Today, Boy went to Norwalk Maritime Museum with my Mom and Dad. I was doing laundry and noticed his bike over on the other side of the basement. So, I went over and got a little greasy instead of bleaching the whites. :)

Examining the chain I noticed that I had put it together a little tight on one link. I forgot to "push back" when I put the pin back in I think. I put the chain on correctly. when pedaling while the bike was hanging, it got bound up again. The front chain ring had a couple of bent teeth. I straightened them out with some pliers. When he got home I had the bike in the kitchen. Mom said: "Well, that's a Skip bike!!" and it is, but better. Boy had a hand in it. It is definitely not what I would have done. But I love it a lot.

Thanks for all of the encouragement. I am amazed that this thread has gotten the number of views it has. I highly recommend that you do this with your son. He got to use tools, have a vision and then ride his vision. I am very proud of him. We had lots of fun. Thanks again.
Here is a really bad phone pic of him riding it. I'll take some better photos soon.
BoyonChopper.jpg

As I type this I'm getting all teary eyed. I love being a Dad

Awesome.Looks great moving.Can't wait to see it.Great job guys. :mrgreen:

Boy is off from school today so we wet to work together. We brought our bikes to work.
DSC02962.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

I asked Ian to take some "action" photos.

DSC02955.jpg

This is outside one of the elevator doors.

DSC02957.jpg

We rode all around inside one of the vacant portions of the building.
DSC02959.jpg

DSC02960.jpg

Ian thinks it's just not right how big my muscle bike is.

We are going for a ride as soon as we get home. He's getting used to riding that bike. Practicing wheelies and doing skids. He's very pleased.

hah hahhah yeah! those pics came out great. he's actually skidding right in front of me in the blurrier shot. jeeze he's growing fast. his voice is deeper than the last time i saw him too. they grow like weeds.

So is he going to be a Genetic Misfit like you - 6'5" or taller? If so, hang on to that GM Musclebike ;-)

Latest posts

Back