7 year old son says: "That would be COOL Daddy"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cherish every moment bikebuilder. I'm so glad I have.

He has been helping me with stuff since he was 5 and he will turn 9 in a couple of weeks. I can't believe I started this thread over a year ago. I look at him then and now and in that short time the changes are substantial. I handed him my cordless drill with a wire wheel in the chuck. He liked that a lot. He never used to like power tools. Now he loves them. <insert Tool Time grunt here>

i haven't been on here much lately, but this thread is the beez kneez! Its completely solidified my love/addiction to this forum! great lookin bicycle. looks better than the first bike i put together, and that was just a coupla years ago. keep 'em comin fellas.

Thanks Chunt. I need to get him in the basement this weekend for another sanding session. Won't be able to paint until late spring so he's got time, he's not suffered through a project in awhile. 8)

Reviving an old build here.
Boy did end up sanding more, but it never got the attention it needed. two days ago I brought it with me when I went to a powder coater with another project and he agreed to sand blast it quick. I cleaned it, then hit it with Rustoleum silver metal paint then Rustoleum green metal flake. Did the forks too. Looks really good. dried to the touch outside hanging in the basement drying thoroughly for a couple days.

Set up in the paint booth
2012-09-01_13-32-33_594.jpg

All done.
2012-09-01_14-53-49_981.jpg

He likes it. So do I.

Re: 7 year old son says: "That would be COOL Daddy"

You gonna put any decals on it?

BrigmasterA said:
Stingray-type frames are cool, don't get me wrong, but if you're building a musclebike, there are some other cool choices... Like this one for example...
2884515849_e97473b047.jpg

Just a thought...
It just seems that there is quite a proliferation of stingray-type bikes out there, and I am one of those guys who likes weird things that no one else has...

im with you on that one man, i myself currently have two stingray frames though :p
one is gonna be a custom non og build. the fivespeed will be a restore though :) depending on credits, that could very well become a custom too :p

It's finished. He loves it. It's a wheelie machine!! He already fell on his butt hard. :shock: :lol: He got back on though. 8)

2012-09-02_15-36-16_621.jpg

2012-09-02_15-37-00_850.jpg

2012-09-02_15-17-48_381.jpg

He wants lightning bolts on it. Why? who knows. I will look but not too hard. He rode it all day yesterday. Thanks to Uncle Ian for the wheel set. It is perfect!!!

Cheers!

Re: 7 year old son says: "That would be COOL Daddy"

That thing looks great you guys.

Latest posts

Back