70 tooth 11 star sprocket.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks to barnbikes for the design specs and my buddy at a local machine shop I am now the proud owner of this sprocket.

70-11star+sprocket.jpg

I can't wait to try it out. I think i will need to file the sprocket teeth still but this is how she looks coming out of the plasma cutter.
gonna media blast it to give it a texture for paint, more pics to come

thanks Barnbikes!!

not too sure this is a preliminary pic from my buddys phone, he is going to clean it up for me then I'll know more....

DO you think you're friend .......would make another one ............$$$$$$:grin::grin:

You could run a #40 go kart chain and it work just the way it is:cool2:

It would on a 34 or 36 rear cog. Get a front sprocket file it out w/ 3 little teeth to fit the back ...and no problem:cool2::cool2::grin:

Wow, that's a cool idea, big chain, big rear cog! hmmm! here is a cleaned up version of this sprocket, after the media blaster had it's way with it, we took a paper wheel about 60 grit and beveled the teeth.

70-11star+sprocket+finished.JPG

im still waiting for some warmer weather to work this all out but I do know I will need the longest cranks I can find anyone have some 8" or longer?

I'll ask if he will make another one, but this was a special request, and I should mention that this was done with a plasma torch and not a laser machine like the one barnbikes was using to make his sprockets so there will be imperfections and pitting on the back side, here is the back side of this same sprocket. I am willing to live with these imperfections because ultimately I want the functionality of a 70 tooth sprocket.

IMG_2464.JPG

That looks incredible!!!!
Can you post a pic with a ruler or something next to it to give a true sense of the scale of that beast!!!

here is a comparison to a 44 tooth sprocket, that's a big sucker, looks like I will have to shave the teeth down a bit but it should work fine with a little massaging.
compare.JPG

the longest cranks I can find online are 7 1/2" long I am wondering if they make any longer? the ones in this Picture are 6"

Thanks again to barnbikes, your doodle is a success, now can you make a 25 tooth rear cog design?

That is sick!!! You should start up a build thread for us to follow the progress!

Latest posts

Back