70's or 80's gac spanish made folding bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
a friend of mine and my wifes was out yard saling and she found this lil gem with 2 other bikes the other 2 were a takara 3 speed and a western flyer ladies 5 speed both of which i have no interest in
but this lil guy caught ym attention
i know nothing of it but i know the price was right ( 2 bucks) o i told her go ahead and get it and i will buy
judging by the pictures it will need some love but i will clean it up and see what i got
other then it is 70's or 80's and mad in spain i know nothing of these anyone know anything about them?nonetheless 2 bucks is worth it either way i can flip it for double that if it is no good
20272933_2030061840561827_458350068_o.jpg
20272943_2030061723895172_1587455899_o.jpg
20273092_2030061530561858_1894095746_o.jpg

It seems like a decent folder. The pic makes the forks look bent back.
Here's a little info I found:
"This beautifully restored late 70's/early 80's GAC 500 folding bike comes to us courtesy of Bicinova. G.A.C. stood for Garate, Anitua y Compañía, a now defunct bicycle manufacturer in the Basque region of Spain."
GAC-500-folding-bike-right.jpg

It seems like a decent folder. The pic makes the forks look bent back.
Here's a little info I found:
"This beautifully restored late 70's/early 80's GAC 500 folding bike comes to us courtesy of Bicinova. G.A.C. stood for Garate, Anitua y Compañía, a now defunct bicycle manufacturer in the Basque region of Spain."
GAC-500-folding-bike-right.jpg
yeah i noticed the forks look bent thats actually funny that is the exact same bike i found when i was researching them to find out what it was im thinking a pair of musclebike forks would be a good replacement if the ones on this bike are bent or i could use it for parts to build another bike we shall see i still think 2 bucks was a decent deal even for the parts on it or a sweet restomod to be honest i did not have any plans with it until about an hour before i posted this thread

well i got it home after i went to pick it up my wife's friend just said i could have it however. i do not think it s the 500 model it is very small and looks like a kids bicycle and it needs aloooot of love forks are bent as iw as worried tires are shot and the seat has rips not to mention the paint is rough however i do plan on rebuilding this thing as it is something cool and not something i see everyday so off to the builds section/ projects it goes lol

Latest posts

Back