82 Huffy Colorado Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ve been debating putting this bike on the selling block.
From what I know it’s the geared up version of the Huffy Super Thunder 26.
Came in all original shape, down to the snakebelly’s.
Would any one know a ballpark worth on the bike?
I have changed it up to a single speed cruiser, but I have all the original parts stored if I ever sold it.

I’m sure it’s not a real collectible and will probably have to sit on it for a while until the right person comes along for it. But then again I have no idea how collectible it really is or will be to be honest.

From selling experience, it’s going to be worth whatever someone will pay for it.

Thanks!

dd8c1e8e90262095e48bb7f311c524a8.heic

4259773d5e73d4acf2170843feea2ac0.heic

6fdf3711ec7a2bb1f39faa7b519ccbf7.heic
d399f36515eaeb68cc5146854b921719.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd consider dropping a bill on it...tops...but, I would just build it out as a Super Thunder so I'm probably not the right buyer :grin:

Jason
Thanks man.

I paid $35 for it, dropped some cash on the Maxxis tires and that’s about it. Most likely small profit made if i do sell.

I rode it yesterday, locked it up in LA Metro area and didn’t worry about it. I can’t say I would do or feel the same for all my other bikes.

Like I said previously it’s a brownish 26” huffy with nice lines and geo. It looks good riding by, but not sitting still. Looks like I’m keeping it for a while.

The bike is worth more sold in parts. Reason is people need the parts more than the whole bike, factor in the shipping cost of a bike vs shipping cost of a individual part. But the bike as a whole or in part out is only worth what someone willing to buy it for vs what someone wont pay for it.
You have a awesome cool pc of history. Nice bike for sure. The double clamp stem the vintage BMX guys would prolly pay 50.00 for the stem alone vs 150.00 for the whole bike, now factor in the date stamped rims, 160.00 tops for the wheels, crank, 40.00, see what I am getting at, parts is where the sales come in.

I have a very rare bike for sale 500.00, I know I can sell the fork for 250.00 easy and the frame for 250.00 easy, handle bars 50.00, chain guard for 30.00 but being my bike; there is only one other in existence I, for that reason wont sell it in parts. The history is worth more to me than the dollar.

PS (IT IS A COLLECTABLE) Don't fool your self! Why? back in 81 the MTB was unheard of, it is one of the first MTB's that was easy on the wallet at the time, and it is collectable!! MTB's didn't really come into play until the late 80's early 90's. I would NOT polish it up, just a soap and water bath. leave it alone and cherish it!!

The bike is worth more sold in parts. Reason is people need the parts more than the whole bike, factor in the shipping cost of a bike vs shipping cost of a individual part. But the bike as a whole or in part out is only worth what someone willing to buy it for vs what someone wont pay for it.
You have a awesome cool pc of history. Nice bike for sure. The double clamp stem the vintage BMX guys would prolly pay 50.00 for the stem alone vs 150.00 for the whole bike, now factor in the date stamped rims, 160.00 tops for the wheels, crank, 40.00, see what I am getting at, parts is where the sales come in.

I have a very rare bike for sale 500.00, I know I can sell the fork for 250.00 easy and the frame for 250.00 easy, handle bars 50.00, chain guard for 30.00 but being my bike; there is only one other in existence I, for that reason wont sell it in parts. The history is worth more to me than the dollar.

Thank you for the info. I asked for a bike value to give myself an idea of what I had on hand I guess.

That’s kinda what I thought too. More worth if I parted the bike out. I never got into owning bicycles to turn a profit, I’m usually good with breaking even or find something to sell to get money for my next project.

Fortunately I have a good job to help in the funds department. Once I’m buying bicycles for a profit I know it’ll be time to move on like I did from GI Joes, baseball cards, pogs, etc...

It’s a nice bike and it certainly feels like I’m riding a large bmx, I feel like popping wheelies each time I’m on it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you still have this ? would you like to sell it im am interested....would actually like to make a deal

Last edited:
Here's my Colorado converted to BMX cruiser.
i havnt been logged in for a while and seen a colorodo posted for sale on offerup
..thought it was yours CHUY...so i came back to this page and seen HOOSIERCYCLES post..nice ride man i belive thats your bike your selling ?

That is a cool frame with interesting geometry.

do you still have this ? would you like to sell it im am interested....would actually like to make a deal
Hey T,

I have one I am willing to part with if you are still interested. Needs some cleaning and one inner tube and tires. Has been sitting for a minute.

Latest posts

Back