8th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest (Video Added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off a BIG THANKS to all you Hayesville guys for another great show and day! This is by far one of the most fun and well run bicycle shows there is anywhere. Already can't wait till next year. And, I'll be sure to post picts of the RRB head badge won as soon as I build a bike to put it on. VLC

65rat said:
Had a great time Thanks for getting this going Randy.Thinking about adding a Geezer class for the skid contest :shock:
Thank you! Speaking of geezers... I talked to Larry yesterday and he says he's ok other than the road rash (crashed in Skid Row contest) and he was even telling me what he'll do different next year :shock: I did get his crash on video but it's too disturbing to watch so I didn't include it in the video.

aka_locojoe said:
I'd like to mention the volunteers by name but I'm afraid I'd leave someone out. These guys and gals aren't in it for the glory anyway I know.
I know I said that but I can't stand not to at least mention those active members here that have made the festival what it is now. The fest would have fizzled out by now without their help. 65rat (and Daughter), 450redrider (and Mother), dangratsdan, KansasRollFast, lowpowerd & littlebluetrike, ratfink1962 (and Son & Daughter-inlaw), udallcustombikes (and Daughters).
I should include ndway also. He probably lost a few Facebook friends with his promoting of the festival :lol:
It's no coincidence that the biggest contributors to the fest are all members here. Thanks Ratrod!

10~18 Kustoms said:
First off a BIG THANKS to all you Hayesville guys for another great show and day! This is by far one of the most fun and well run bicycle shows there is anywhere. Already can't wait till next year.
Marty and the rest of you "KC guys & Gals" this show wouldn't be the same without you all making the trip.
Of course a big thanks to you local guys here also that are the heart of the show. I am both amazed and proud of the kustom and classic bike scene we've got going here.

Also the amount of help and support my family gives is unbelievable. If anyone out there questions the strength of their marriage, put it to the test and host a annual bike fest. Seriously though over all my spouse has been great with her help and support. My Dad (78) and Mother (70), have worked their tails off all 8 years. My Daughter helps when I need and 2 of the 3 Grand-kids help in selling shirts and running the registration table with Great-Grandma. The 3rd Grand-kid would rather participate and have fun.

I also think I've got me a new motto. "What me worry?" :roll: said in a sarcastic tone.

Now if you managed to get through all my gibberish you deserve a few more photos :D

Me Slow Riding on somebody's bike. Note the squeeze honk animal thing on the handlebars. An example of the many things that were given out as door prizes. Cool to see it already put to use.
IMG_0789.JPG

Being the Coasters we had to kick this competition up a notch and Slow Race on a downhill slope :lol: :lol:

1018~kustoms Slow Riding
IMG_0787.JPG

It seemed like a good idea at the time to these Slow Riders. The backside of Jon who was a Slow Ride official.
P1040812.JPG

Lining up for the "Parade Ride". My Dad left. My Daughter far right. Grand-Daughter to left of Daughter. The girl in the middle is Daughter of our DJ. He's too busy to ride so every year she's told to stick with me on the ride and we have a good time chatting as we roll along.
P1040856.JPG

Udallcustombikes on Skid Row.
IMG_0694.JPG

Grand-Son saving the baby.
IMG_0754.JPG

Other Grand-Son saving the baby.
IMG_0740.JPG

Garagegoon (left) saving the baby.
IMG_0764.JPG

Grand-Son on Skid Row.
IMG_0708.JPG

KansasRollFast on Skid Row.