a couple of updated SpaceLiners and Flightliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to working on my bikes again for the first time in a couple years. Wow, just realized how long it had been since I did any wrenching.

my apartment opened up by Joey Mac, on Flickr

here's what I worked on this weekend:

SpaceLiner StealthBomber by Joey Mac, on Flickr
it was mildly customized when I got it, I mildly customized some more, rode it a whole lot for a year or two, then let it sit for another year or two after it got a flat tire one night. finally got it running again.

J.C. Higgins FlightLiner by Joey Mac, on Flickr
a pre-curser to the SpaceLiner, made by the same company (Murray). I've had the frame and tank and rack for over 3 and a half years and I just slapped some parts on it to finally get it running.

chrome in the sun by Joey Mac, on Flickr
and the Navigator finally gets some sun:

SpaceLiner Navigator by Joey Mac, on Flickr

this was built for our Space Bike Build-Off about 3 years ago, check it out, there were some great bikes built:
viewforum.php?f=30

This bike had actually been assembled entirely on the deadline day for the build-off, and I only took it for one test ride to photograph it. The large crank and huge sprocket had been so hard to ride that I think I pulled something in my back.

So it sat for another 3 years until I just replaced the sprocket and crank for something smaller and shorter, respectively.

new crank and sprocket by Joey Mac, on Flickr
much better

SpaceLiner Navigator by Joey Mac, on Flickr

the sky is reflecting off the chrome by Joey Mac, on Flickr

All the neighbors wanted to try it out

my other neighbor on the Navigator by Joey Mac, on Flickr

my neighbor on the Navigator by Joey Mac, on Flickr

one last beauty shot by Joey Mac, on Flickr

I also got to bust out the roadmasters for a little cruising:

RoadMasters by Joey Mac, on Flickr

lookin good there !! ,.pm sent....Ralph

0822091941a.jpg