A lot of ads lately?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to this site so I could be wrong. It seems there are more business type ads coming up lately? Some random ones that popped up here in bike talk and also in for sale? I felt RRB has a more personal, swapmeet feel to it than say the cabe which is why I barely go over there. Eh I dunno, back to work. :roll:

Suppliers joining the boards to interact with potential clients and get their link out there don't strike me as a problem, as long as they're not spamming threads. Or are you referring to something else? Personally, I'm more annoyed by postings in the gallery and discussion forums turning into for sale threads. Please people, go pm or a link to the swap meet, so it doesn't get bumped repeatedly for all the non-participants. :idea: :|

Typically if someone who owns a business tries to post an advertisement in the forum I try to send them a PM and let them know about our banner advertising program. It's not fair to the folks who have paid to advertise their business here to let other businesses advertise their products or services for free.

I may not always catch them doing it so if it they do sneak in, send me a PM or flag the post so that we can deal with it. :wink:

Certainly some one who posts strictly as a source of revenue should be required to pay and label it as advertisement, but there are some #'s of welcomed participating members who happen to be in the bike business, I wouldn't want them to be forbidden completely from all mention of it. :| In any case, I haven't seen a problem, so moderation must be working. :wink:

Yea I was referring to those weird ads about jackets and a backpack or somethig. Eh they're gone now, I can sleep safely at night now.

max210 said:
Yea I was referring to those weird ads about jackets and a backpack or somethig. Eh they're gone now, I can sleep safely at night now.
Never seen them :? :?

Now THATS funny :lol: :eek: :lol: :idea:

Wildcat said:
A handbag can easily be converted into a toolbag.

Latest posts

Back