BO15 After Victory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Warning : This build is rated B : Boring to some . If you find yourself falling asleep just turn the page . There are plenty of sites covering the elusive Colmbia G519 military bikes built during WW2 , but what about the kids that had to wait to After Victory to get a new bicycle for there birthday . They sacrificed then like they are today , not having the best birthday parties . I picked up this 1946 Columbia in March and hope to have back on the road by independence day , hopefully America can be back on our feet by then . so we can all can gather for another After Victory party . More on the build will follow .
ww2 bottom bar.jpg
av start.jpg

1943 columbia ad.jpg

Last edited:
Cool theme and frame! That ad page is neat too. I like your 4th of July goals, let's make it happen!
RaT oN~!

Optimism is healthy. Hope for the future is good for the mind. Biking also does both. Double whammy on the lockdown therapy!

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR OTIS!!!!!!

1588439631316.png
1588439631316.png

First off, that music machine is insanely insane. Is that thing for reals?
Second, Gorillaz is the best cartoon/puppet music group since Doctor Teeth. Prove me wrong!

I wonder who Major Stigler is.:39:
locally there were two military bases one stood where the Embry riddle aeronautical university stands and one nurse training base ?

Two wounded war veterans from the US Army's Welch Convalescent Hospital are riding Army bicycles as part of their therapy on Florida's Daytona Beach...
1588479999492.png

This is where Bethune Cookman University now stands and a aviation
training school where Embry-riddle aeronautical university now stands .

There was an Otis S Stigler resident in Florida, at Ormond Beach. He was born in 1934, and was involved with the American Legion, so I think this is your guy. In 1946 he was 12, so it's possible he got the bike new, and kept it into military service, or he bought it second hand to use on the base. So, it's a Military used bicycle, but not a Military Bicycle.
Mr Stigler now resides in Ga . and I assume sold the bike before his move . The previous care taker stated he bought it from a older gentleman that kept bragging about the red paint job he just applied . Now I get the pleasure of trying to remove this said paint job

Av

Last edited:
I've been trying to get the red paint to loosen up . I've tried Goop , Goo Gone and Goof Off . None of worked with scotch pads . So I ordered something a little stronger . Lets just call it moonshine .
In the mean time I turned my attention rebuilding the Mil specked Eclipse
hubs 36-11 and 36-10 . These are like gold if you ever run across some . Also pictured is non script delta winner light and a Bevin bell also correct for a G519 bike .
ww2 doodads.jpg

Last edited:
A big step back , under the first layer of red is a hodgepodge of multi layers of paint , primer and a bottom layer of rust . It looks like a house salad all mixed together .
A little step forward the reproduction Royal Chain tires and the WW2 repop rims came in from bicycle bones . The Eclipse hubs are all cleaned and back together .
So now when I get get tired of stripping paint I can shift my attention to the wheels .

wheels a tires.jpg

paint old.jpg

Attachments

• paint old.jpg
    paint old.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I wonder who Major Stigler is.:39:
Otis S. Stigler, nonetheless.
I did a quick search, and found his name connected with a monthly newsletter from March of 2006 for the American Legion Post 385 in Weston, Florida. He was the "legislative officer" for the Post at that time.

"PAGE 7 AMERICAN LEGION POST 385 WESTON COMMUNIQUE SPRING 2006 From our Legislature Officer... Otis Stigler You may think your war is over but the fight will never end. Excessive property tax is the silent enemy that most of us don’t hear about until you get the bill in the mail. Property tax, which is based on the market value of your home, has outpaced the ...."

Sounds like he was still fighting, at least back then. If he was WWII, like my dad was who passed away in April of 2012 at age 87, Otis would be over the century mark now, if he's still around.

Your the goto man OJ . Thank You
Be kind of cool if there was someone around who could make a connection with this bike of yours, Sandman. How far away are you from Weston?

Latest posts

Back