BO15 After Victory

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy 4th all. We are having a big thunder storm this evening .
Fireworks for everyone , brought to you by the big man upstairs .
start.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to look at your cup as half full when the other half is filled with coffee grinds . This is the list of items that need redone .
1) Take apart both hubs to replace rear axle and file both 5/8" axles to fit fork and dropouts .
2)Remove light to drill and tap rear hole that the factory forgot about .
3) Extend and cut the threads on the girls truss rods to make them suitable for a men's bike .
4) Replace kickstand arm for a better fit .
5) Paint some items that were left out on the first go around .

Guess it's time to make a fresh pot of coffee ?

g519 ph 1.jpg

But I'm digging it so far. I like the Seabee twist on the military bike aesthetic ! Gonna be cool.
A Seabee lieutenant tried to recruit me a few years back, little did he know I'm deathly afraid of deep water. And told him I was a conscientious objector lost interest in me after that :21:.

Sweet badge!

The WW2 Seabees Transfers dated 1942 came in to incorporate in a center tank plate , down the road ? The Construction Battalion is another history lesson that I won't get into here , but the new paint scheme is a navy gray in place of Olive Drab .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-Seabee...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648
View attachment 124498

View attachment 124497

Just stumbled onto this navy gray finish due to your pelican reference. So I explored your thread and found the Seabee decal. My Navy time was spent in the Seabees. Great experience, I’ve thought numerous times about doing a Seabees theme bike. Now you’ve done set my mind into action. I’ll be interested to see your final product.

Ride on, ride on, ride on! Glad to hear you will finish.

I love this build and the history and thought you put into it! My grandfather was a Seabee out of Quonset, RI. Adding the dog tags is such a lovely touch.

Latest posts

Back