Agent Orange

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is your lower chainline with the new drops?
I have no idea yet how the chain line is going to run. I do know I can't run a chain guard since it'll run up hill and ruin the flow. But I'm still working on that.

Maybe a half guard around the front chainring,that's if you really need a guard.
Yeah, I might not even need a chain guard. I won't know until after the rear fender is mounted.

I seem to keep having the problem of, measuring once and cutting twice. I ordered new shorter cranks, that are arriving today, but went off my measurements BEFORE I lowered the rear 3 inches. Sheesh!! As if it wasn't hard enough finding short cranks around here it's even harder finding 5 1/2 inch cranks. Luckily I can steal the ones off my stingray for now. Man, we need a good bike shop around here!!

Oh yeah, stay tuned for some cool progress pix!!

Last edited:
I seem to keep having the problem of, measuring once and cutting twice. I ordered new shorter cranks, that are arriving today, but went off my measurements BEFORE I lowered the rear 3 inches. Shesh!! As if it wasn't hard enough finding short cranks around here it's even harder finding 5 1/5 inch cranks. Luckily I can steal the ones off my stingray for now. Man, we need a good bike shop around here!!

Oh yeah, stay tuned for some cool progress pix!!
Opposite here,the only bikes that have one piece cranks are kids...Great for making lowriders.Let me see what lengths I have.I keep them for the bearings and cups...

Well, I'm glad I didn't order the 5 1/2 inch cranks that I thought I needed. Just remeasured and I actually need 5 inch cranks. I think I'm going to have to re-gear this bike or I'll be pedaling 100 mph and only going 7 mph.

Last edited:
I've had some people ask me how I can pedal the bike with that tank. Don't my knees hit it? No, this picture shows that the tank is actually narrower that it looks from different angles.

On it's own the tank is HUGE on that frame, but when you throw in the fenders, it all insanely works!

Very cool! Some really great lines!

Luke.
Thanks Luke. I see so many people have already done a trial run with their bikes before final paint. I'm not even close to that part yet and I really need to step it up. I don't need to have a weeks full of all-nighters just to finish it on time.

On it's own the tank is HUGE on that frame, but when you throw in the fenders, it all insanely works!
I should take a picture of the bike with a person sitting on it to show the scale of the tank. It looks big in the pictures but in reality it's not that big. I almost built a tank that fit between the back bone and the cantilevers but I was trying for a tank that resembled the rear of a '58 Chevy so I had to build it to go over the back bone.

This thing is gonna jump off the page once you get paint on it. The only problem is you have me wanting one! Great Work!

The tank also has the look of an early corvette with the indention in the side?

Sweeeet:D That tank is off the hook! and looks amazing with those gloriously flowing fenders!:thumbsup: Sorry if I missed it but what direction are you thinkin of going with the paint?

This thing is gonna jump off the page once you get paint on it. The only problem is you have me wanting one! Great Work!

The tank also has the look of an early corvette with the indention in the side?
Thanks dorr. Yeah, I can't wait to get some paint on it, the tank is ready to paint right now but I need to borrow a better air compressor since mine sucks for painting. It's ok for priming and air brushing but that's it.

And you're right, the tank was designed to mimic a '58 Chevy and early Corvette. I forgot to mention that part. Originally, when I first designed this tank, it was going to have Corvette trim around it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back