Aluminati (feels like an abandoned amusement park in here!))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: the Aluminati.. *SilVeR KinG*

waiting for PB Blaster to set in to take out the seatpost lock in the center of the tube. the seat post is locked into place like the head post is.
IMG_0265.jpg

these are my handle bars ?
IMG_0268.jpg

and the grips? they might change to a wood grips
IMG_0272.jpg

head post and fork.
IMG_0273.jpg

now off to polishing!

A little off-topic, but how do you like the ride with those Bontrager Hanks on the bike in the background? I've been considering those for a bit now, but haven't picked up a set yet.

gowjobs said:
how do you like the ride with those Bontrager Hanks on the bike in the background?
they ride fine. they need 35-75lbs because the sidewall is so thin. they take a little time to mount because of the wall too but it was worth it. i think i am putting them on my build bile too. with a set of surly wheels.

Cool name. I think you need an ambigram with the name of the bike for a tank.

Need assistance.. Any ideas?

I am having issues getting the seat post clamp out of the frame. I have soaked it with PB blaster, Draino, gasoline, heated it with a torch. that thing is stuck. Too much corrosion between the steel and alluminum. Any one that can give me any idea to get this thing out can ride it when i am done! I am going t try drilling it out until it collapses next..

Silver king, and drill? that makes me nervous.

im suprised the torch didnt work. Brainstorming for yuh.

Re: the Aluminati.. *SilVeR KinG* updated! sprocket found !

IMG_0279.jpg

here is my aluminum sprocket. i am going to drill it like a vented brake rotor.

and yes an ambigram was in the plans.

my tires should be in this week. I will post them as soon as i get them.

Re: the Aluminati.. *SilVeR KinG* updated! sprocket found !

If u want to get your seat posast out use pure winter green oil works every time

Re: the Aluminati.. *SilVeR KinG* updated! Tires are here!

bout time!

:roll: HELP!!!
I am looking for a set of aluminum 35mm to 55mm 24" 36 hole rims to lace up to my hubs.
Does any one know where i can get a set? someone or some were that has them in stock? preferably in the U.S.

IMG_0280.jpg

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* TiRes N HuBs!! {I need your help?}

Back from the Boulder Bike swap today! i walked away with trading a few green sheets for a set of aluminum Camp hubs...
I will polish them too!
IMG_0281.jpg

i am thinking black spokes? any ideas?

Re: Aluminati*SilVeR KinG* TiRes N HuBs!! {I need your help?}

Oneuglybike said:
Enjoying the build, what year bus is that?
it's a 59 double cab known as (captain bitter sweet) by a friend. it consumes all of my time or never working on it at all. I have too many projects but i am happy to have a time line on this bike build or it would probably get put off too!

Re: Need assistance.. Any ideas?

imagearchy said:
I am having issues getting the seat post clamp out of the frame. I have soaked it with PB blaster, Draino, gasoline, heated it with a torch. that thing is stuck. Too much corrosion between the steel and alluminum. Any one that can give me any idea to get this thing out can ride it when i am done! I am going t try drilling it out until it collapses next..
have you tried soaking it in CLR

Latest posts

Back