AMF Roadmaster Skylark help

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by Rustyart, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Rustyart

Rustyart

Hi everybody. I' looking at a Roadmaster that I'm thinking of buying and not really sure a good rough estimate to offer. Pretty sure it' been painted. It has the star sprocket. I've added some pictures. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Sorry some pictures aren't great.

Attached Files:

Scribble likes this.
  2. Wildcat

Wildcat

The handlebars, rear wheel, and maybe the front wheel aren't original and there's no tires or tubes. It has been painted but it looks in pretty good shape, the chrome looks good and the tank and parts look good for their age. The seat post tightens like a handlebar stem, making it probably early 60's.
    If you are going to clean it up and sell it, you probably can't get past the cost of everything, like tires and all, to make a profit. The bike is in pieces so you should be able to get it for a good price. If it's to have a decent tank bike from the 60's for your own collection and/or use, I'd offer $75 and take it from there. I myself would go to $100 at most if it was just for me to have it.

RustyGold likes this.
  3. Rustyart

Rustyart

Thank you for your help. I didn't realize the wheel wasn' original. The plan was to hold onto to have a tank bike. $75 was right around what I was thinking about offering. Thanks again for the info.

4. FreddyS

FreddyS

Agree on value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk