AMF Roadmaster Skyrider year? Value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trying to help a friend figure out what year this bike is and a value. Her husband lost his job (28 years with the company and 1.5 years till retirement) and is wanting to sell her bike to help with money.

Its an all original AMF Roadmaster Skyrider that is in amazing condition. It rides like a dream too; if it was a men's bike I'd be thinking about buying it myself.

I'm guessing its 60-62 area from pics I found when she first asked me about it but I'm no expert.

I didn't pull the seat to check but this might have a quill style seat post as there isn't a clamp and the seat doesn't move. I'll try to go and check on this when I can.

Thanks for any help.

ane4yhad.jpg

5aqemaba.jpg

yva2ydy5.jpg

aty6etyb.jpg

a8y8upeq.jpg

a6eha8un.jpg

u5y5aqu6.jpg

uny3ete6.jpg

e6y3egaz.jpg

5u3ubemu.jpg

Nice original bike. They don't have a sequence to the serial numbers on those bikes. It does have the quill stem and the star sprocket which would date it around the early 60's.
Unfortunately it's hard to get what that bike is worth, unless someone is looking for that exact bike. On CL, I would list it at $150 and go from there. I think if you get $100 for it you're doing good.

Thanks its one of the best survivors I've seen in person that does get ridden.
I'll let her know on pricing and see about putting it on craigslist.
If it was the men's version I'd get it for myself.

You can't get that good of quality in a new bike for under 300 bucks probably. On CL, put in in the antiques section first, and include all the good points and pics, and maybe start at $250 and see what happens. It may have the original tires also.

Latest posts

Back