Any ideas for a homemade rear cantilever brake bridge

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The middle of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What have you guys done? I can weld, but I need some ideas. Something that looks halfway decent and is pretty easy. My ideas involve a lot of fab work or else are easy but look like a hack job. I have some braze on cable stops I hacked off an old bike I tossed out years ago and one of my fab ideas involves using one of theses. I'm open to bolt on rear adapters but they look like they might move around and not work that well?

Are you talking about something like this Paul brake booster?
6282363064_36e953f345_b.jpg

I'd think that any plate steel or aluminum chunk could be cut to fit. Just bolt the canti posts together and keep clear of the tires

Are you talking about something like this Paul brake booster?
View attachment 114228
I'd think that any plate steel or aluminum chunk could be cut to fit. Just bolt the canti posts together and keep clear of the tires
No, I want something like this. I might try and weld a noodle onto the seat post tube. Burn through will be an issue. I do like the horseshoe idea though, but not for the bike I'm building right now.
images.jpeg
images-1.jpeg

Shoot, I'm racking my brain here. In the last few days, someone posted a ride where they bolted a plate to the stays to attach a cable stop without welding their frame...

Old springer fork bridge from an MTB. Some producers made cable stops for racing bikes mounted onto the seatpost bolt:
image;s=644x461

Latest posts

Back