BO15 Apache Drag Bike Lights are on !

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 'd like to see your step-by-step on how you made this DIY spray can.
You don't make it, you buy it. Well I guess you could make one, but why?

Attachments

• brandsportinc_2268_1679141136.gif
    brandsportinc_2268_1679141136.gif
    87.3 KB · Views: 94
I sprayed each can into the doohickey. There’s measurement marks on the bottle so you can tell how much your putting in . It goes in faster than you would think from each can.
A little tip when decanting spray paint, let it sit for about 10 minutes to let the propellant outgas before using.

I like the exhaust port. But what about the ports on each side of the rack and flush with the top of the rack?

Back to the spray can doohicky. How do you get the paint from the og cans into the mix bottle without making a HUGE mess?
I've seen people hot glue bendy straws to the spray can nozzle to direct the paint to the bottom of the bottle.

Last edited:
This is VERY interesting. I had no idea this existed.

https://preval.com/
I'm surprised that more around here don't use it. I have before with good results. It's a bit of a hassle compared to rattlecans, but paint selection and durability of the finish can not be matched by rattlecans.

Thank you for the opinion I’ve been having a hard time deciding on the rack and pipes . The build looks a little cleaner / more sleek I believe with no rack but the practical use is great . And I have plans for the pipes that will up grade their usefulness.
I really dig the fridge rack! If you use side pipes, I like the underneath spot the best, and the down low and back the second best.

For my style of bike, no rack. For this bike however, the thing works! And I'm surprised by how much I like the saddle.
Again, a minor nitpick, purely looks, I think the bars would look better if they were oriented with the grips parallel to the ground. If you've got it that way for comfort, I get it, but it'd look more rocketey* with them flat.

*Design school word

Really digging this build!

Great job!

Latest posts

Back