Apocalypse Knight

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fv2

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Im not one to normally remember dreams, but there is one from a few months ago. It would make an interesting B movie.

The gist is I was a time traveller from a dystopian future, I went back to the 15th century where my time machine broke. But a blacksmith helped me fix it, then travelled with me.
Forward and back through time the blacksmith saw many interesting things, but he particularly liked an invention called the bicycle.

So one day back in the dystopian future, the time machine breaks again. Stuck here, the blacksmith decided to build a bicycle to get around on.

This is my attempt to build the blacksmiths bike.

I started collecting parts.
69619_2c5795c7e4e7f321db6d8ae51a18a52d.jpg

Handlebars
70684_5b7c23b29ce8ca34e83780501c099a85.jpg

Wheels
513215513215.jpg

Forks

Then I started throwing these parts at an old Hawthorne frame I had in the attic.
This is what I've come up with so far.
20180326_133329.jpg

And with fenders.
20180326_154234.jpg

My plan is bare metal, with some armor plates and chainmail. And a forged kickstand. I'm not sure how well it will turn out, but I'm gonna do my best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I started throwing these parts a an old Hawthorne frame I had in the attic.
This is what I've come up with so far.
View attachment 72545

And with fenders.
View attachment 72546

My plan is bare metal, with some armor plates and chainmail. And a forged kickstand. I'm not sure how well it will turn out, but I'm gonna do my best.

Like the fenders. The bike will pop with the right paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great as is :113:

Bike looks cool with the light blue and black rims. Dig the medieval bare metal plan tho.

So you got a forge set up? Forge sounds like some fun for sure.

I haven't built my forge yet, I spent the day at a place in Logan.
Once I clear out some bikes, I'll be starting on knife making.

And yes, it is fun. Very relaxing.

New welder showed up this morning, I unpacked it then spent a couple hours trying to get it to strike an arc.
Finally gave in and called tech support, the guy says try to strike it on the ground clamp. I tried that and nothing.

Guy says you have a defective unit, we'll have to switch it out.
So now I have to ship it back and wait for another one.... might be a couple weeks before I can get the kickstand on.

Good news.
My Swiss cheese memory finally paid off. I forgot I had a little 110 chicago electric stick welder, harbor freight to the rescue.
20180403_173154.jpg

It's not perfect, but for this build it shouldn't be.

Last edited by a moderator:
The derailleur mounted up without any modification to the frame.
20180404_141106.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to adjust it, and why my pics keep turning sideways.

Latest posts

Back