Artifac

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chimin' in a little on the late side here, lots of BO bikes to catch up on...
But this thing is off the freak'n hook!!!:rockout:
Not sure who I can see riding this better, Willie Wonka, or Capt Nemo (League of Ex Gentlemen Nemo)???
I don't know about yourself, but if that was mine I wouldn't have to worry about that green tire paint...
It would be hanging on my wall as my first Steampunk Art acquisition... Awesome, simply awesome:113:

Sweet Build going on here,amazing!!!:113::rockout:
You know,we have storage house's full of these styled bikes...
Europe was bombarded.....

Are the rod brake levers going to be that far away from the grips or are you going to bend them so they line up with the grips?
KF,
Follow up: adjusted the stops on the linkage and the brake bars are only 2" from top bar; thanks for bringing this to my attention (pic to follow Friday).
Also adjusted the stem downward 2 1/4".

Chimin' in a little on the late side here, lots of BO bikes to catch up on...
But this thing is off the freak'n hook!!!:rockout:
Not sure who I can see riding this better, Willie Wonka, or Capt Nemo (League of Ex Gentlemen Nemo)???
I don't know about yourself, but if that was mine I wouldn't have to worry about that green tire paint...
It would be hanging on my wall as my first Steampunk Art acquisition... Awesome, simply awesome:113:
Mike G,

I am truly appreciative that you like the build; this inspires me to do it justice.

Finish the linkage adjustment on the rod brakes, added some brass bling on the rod brake handles.

Artifac12_zps9457730b.jpg

Finish the linkage adjustment on the rod brakes, added some brass bling on the rod brake handles.

Artifac12_zps9457730b.jpg
I have always dug the heck out of those turn of the century lamps, but could never think of an application that I would personally use one... This is exactly the kind of build I get in my mind when I envision them being used!!!!
IMHO this thing is a piece of "ART":praise:, where are you gonna carry the humongous lock you're gonna need for this when you ride it to the pub?

Looking sharp! Those levers look so much better high and tight like that!

I have always dug the heck out of those turn of the century lamps, but could never think of an application that I would personally use one... This is exactly the kind of build I get in my mind when I envision them being used!!!!
IMHO this thing is a piece of "ART":praise:, where are you gonna carry the humongous lock you're gonna need for this when you ride it to the pub?

MG,
Thanks man. The trick is to take it only to pubs that allow you to bring inside.

Still watching!! Looks good....Criminal bike thieves need not apply.

Latest posts

Back