ATOMIC PUNK - New camera time - August 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Cool Tools!! June 9

What I meant was, I won't be offended if you use your big toys to make *me* something.

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - New Pics!! - June 11

sensor said:
great ideas & execution this year as well :mrgreen:

Thanks sensor. I did have this build all planned out..........even did a few sketches!!, but as soon as I started working on it, it started to go in a whole other direction :shock: The only thing I'm determined to keep from the original ideas and drawings is the springer.

I didn't get a whole lot done this weekend, so here is a couple of pics of the bike chocked up while I was measuring up for the rockers.

Fellow Ratrodders, if you don't have a 6" steel rule, do yourselves a favour and get one.......they come in soooo handy for small measuring jobs and fit nicely in your top pocket. I got this one when I was a first year apprentice and have had it for 30 years.

Chocked up
DSCF2679.jpg

Tubes slid up.....still a little more to go
DSCF2677.jpg

Measuring
DSCF2674.jpg

Looks like those steel rules cans double as rockers too!

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Rocker Prototypes!! - June 12

Got the rocker and lower mount prototypes made today. I made these from 3mm bar, so they would be quicker to cut and drill and check to see if my measurements would work. Everything looks to be OK, so I can replicate them in 5mm.....I may even cut an arc in the rockers, to break up the straight lines.

DSCF2681.jpg

DSCF2686.jpg

Those forks are awesome. Looking great as a roller too!!!

Yeah,that's good stuff right there 8) 8)

bean said:
Fellow Ratrodders, if you don't have a 6" steel rule, do yourselves a favour and get one.......they come in soooo handy for small measuring jobs and fit nicely in your top pocket. I got this one when I was a first year apprentice and have had it for 30 years.

Is it still a 6" rule if it's metric??? I also use a 6" rule quite a bit, real handy to have. Also dial calipers are a must for me (especially because mine will do metric/inch conversions without me having to remember a formula!)

Your bike is coming along great. Rg

My dad was an crew chief aircraft mechanic for Gulfstrem jets and I can remember he always had that 6" rule in his pocket. I don't even have one, but will get one.
I use the cheap blue Harbor Freight caliper ALL the time!!! It has metric and english on it. I know it's not good enough for machining, but it's been good for basic bike stuff so far.

raggedjim said:
bean said:

Is it still a 6" rule if it's metric??? I also use a 6" rule quite a bit, real handy to have. Also dial calipers are a must for me (especially because mine will do metric/inch conversions without me having to remember a formula!)

Your bike is coming along great. Rg

Thanks raggedjim. It's metric on one side and has inches on the other :D . I use dial and digital calipers regularly as well.
Australia changed from Imperial measurements to Metric in 1966, the year I was born, so all I learned at school was Metric. When I started my apprenticeship, all of the tradesmen used both systems, so I had to learn to use both, and do conversions pretty quickly :? I do like my digital vernier calipers though.......just have to press the button to convert........must be getting old and lazy :wink:

bean said:
I do like my digital vernier calipers though.......just have to press the button to convert........must be getting old and lazy :wink:

I prefer to think of it as working smarter, not harder! When I was in 4th grade my teacher told me the USA would be metric before I graduated. That was 40 years ago, she was wrong.

Rg

Re: ATOMIC PUNK - Vintage Mic Tail Light Progress!! - June 14

Didn't get any work done on the rockers and mounts in the past couple of days, but I did have a play around with the tail light. Pretty happy with it, mainly because it's not gonna take much work to finish :D

Parts bin tail light
DSCF2699.jpg

Fits perfectly.....just have to secure it and drill a hole to access the switch
DSCF2700.jpg

And looks like this :D
DSCF2702.jpg

PURE AWESOMENSS!!!!! You should change the name to Atomic Punk Lounge Lizard!

stockwellbluevelvet-1.jpg

Oh yeah!! Microphone checka 1-2 checka(look it up you uncultured ratters) Das EFX. Peace

Check baby check baby 1-2-3

Latest posts

Back