BO15 ATOMIC Strand!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got lucky and scored a front wheel! Rhyno Lite XL rim with a Schwinn hub for $35 bones, just need a rear now. Cleaned the bearings and lubed-up with some Finish-line Teflon grease, smooth as butter :happy:
GOPR0213.jpg

Had some DK Nuke Green Grips lay'n around.
GOPR0215.jpg

Maybe Fenders and decals? Paint the fenders? or change the decals and leave'm black :39:
GOPR0218.jpg

Great wheel.
I'm on the fence with the fenders. Try em and see.
Red grips would tie in the paint better. Just my opinion, but the green seems too far off from the frame colors.

Yes I need red Grips. Had these old Black AME without the GT logo's.
8856e0bc-e0a4-4355-b10a-d24df550932a5b3fb9b5c7_blowup.jpg

Looking at my wheel opions? Thinking about pinching the Bendex Red band? I read that the made in Mexico Bendex's have 4 brake pads in them, and maybe they might fit in the Red band Bendex's?
GOPR0221.jpg
GOPR0222.jpg

Last edited:
I like no fenders, minimal / selective decal use, and black grips or whatever your seat color will be to match.

I put a Wald ‘shorty’ on the rear of my strandie for those times I get caught in the rain or can’t avoid a puddle. It ‘kinda’ works...still get minor ‘rooster tail’ marks in my back
f5d4c66a30b82253f22b2f69a8639e14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Entry's must in my 9:00 p.m. CT on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020
:(

Pinched this early Bendix hub off a $10 wheel, got lucky! It looks as though someone drove the bike around the block twice. Inter Hub was near-mint, No rust, No bearing pits, also no grease.
GOPR0226.jpg

Time for a quick Chem-Dipping for a 1/2 hour or so.
GOPR0227.jpg

Cleaned up nice, Re-assemble with fresh grease, smooth as butter.
GOPR0233.jpg

Going to have to pinch a matching rim off my other bike and try to Lace this Bendix up, *fingers crossed* these other spokes will work, I'll use my Bionic-Eye to judge.
20200831-163538.jpg

Unlace'd and ready for a hub, I'll do it in the living room as i'm watching John Wick 3 :rockout:
20200831-171737.jpg

20200831-172115.jpg

No time for fenders Dr. Tankenstein, put'em on last week, looked Good and Strange at the same time.

Entry's must in my 9:00 p.m. CT on Tuesday, September 1st, 2020
:(

Pinched this early Bendix hub off a $10 wheel, got lucky! It looks as though someone drove the bike around the block twice. Inter Hub was near-mint, No rust, No bearing pits, also no grease.
GOPR0226.jpg

Time for a quick Chem-Dipping for a 1/2 hour or so.
GOPR0227.jpg

Cleaned up nice, Re-assemble with fresh grease, smooth as butter.
GOPR0233.jpg

Going to have to pinch a matching rim off my other bike and try to Lace this Bendix up, *fingers crossed* these other spokes will work, I'll use my Bionic-Eye to judge.
20200831-163538.jpg

Unlace'd and ready for a hub, I'll do it in the living room as i'm watching John Wick 3 :rockout:
20200831-171737.jpg

20200831-172115.jpg

No time for fenders Dr. Tankenstein, put'em on last week, looked Good and Strange at the same time.
Go go go you got it

1:30 am and the wheel is done! Drive-train's done and boy does this sucker ride smooth.
Rear-wheel.jpg

Have to Score some Grips later as Vintage 80's are starting to turn all goo.
Grips.jpg

Put a few Pinstripes to break it up.
Some-Pinstrips.jpg

That's it, more of Custom restoration than a Rat Bike. calling it good.

Latest posts

Back