Avocado, first pics of the finished bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avocado, first peeks of the leather tank/seat!

I'm at a loss for words as how kool that is

karfer67 said:
I'm at a loss for words as how kool that is

+11

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added!

quote]

I've got the feeling you're gonna' be a Busy Beaver pretty soon, my Elgin could use some stuff like that. ( :wink: upgrade for next year)[/quote]

This will be one of my few custom ordered leather tanks I'll be making. Way too many hours involved to justify having this as a leather product of mine. I will make a few each year that will be filled with tooled artwork to be displayed at different bicycle shows promoting my current leather saddles.
Here is a pic of that Wheat colored 345 size bonded thread being sewn on my heavy duty machine with size 26 needle at 5 stitched per inch.

Re: Avocado, Rare Bell Added!

JoKeR63 said:
Crankset Leather said:
My color combo came out nice. I used a Chestnut Tan as my base dye color, then feathered the edges with pro oil Light Brown & Dark Brown using an airbrush. The Wheat colored thread is going to pop. In the photo you can see where the sunlight catches the saddle and makes a nice honey color. Looks sharp already.

I've got the feeling you're gonna' be a Busy Beaver pretty soon, my Elgin could use some stuff like that. ( :wink: upgrade for next year)

That is so nice 1 of a kind Great work. :!: :!: 8)

Beautiful work. I'm disappointed you'll not be making more. Would love to see you make some Labor-Saving modifications to lighten your load. Possibly incorporate pre-made metal hinges in some kind of attractive manor. :) Just throwing ideas out there Bro! 8)

Let me know when you get them I want to fondle lol.

I got my leather tank/seat combo from Chris today! A bunch of thanks go to him for getting it done as promised. I found a cage configuration that'll work for the seat pan, and put it on with the tank, and man, does it look great! Here's a few pictures of the bike, and I hope to take some better ones soon.

On arrival:

The bike put together:

This bike didn't end up exactly as planned. Some of the changes made it so that the name doesn't make any sense anymore, but I'm not going to change it with two weeks left, so here we are. :)

That tank and seat are the banana and cherry sitting on top of an already delicious Avocado sundae!!!!
Love it!

Latest posts

Back