Awesome!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the comment in the article re: the flat terrain and the tailwind. Makes a difference! A couple years ago on a organised ride, hit a nice straight chunk of blacktop maybe 10 mi long. I think it turned out to be slightly down grade but you could not really tell. Awesome tailwind also, remember thinking this is going really well.... :grin:
Then a rest stop and turn off for 60mi route option. The route back followed the river and steep hills - upwind now to boot! were the norm. Ugg.

Oh almost forgot, when I was just past the steepest hills my twist grip shifter for the rear derailleur shattered (plastic baked in the sun). So I did rest of ride in high gear and had to shift the front derailleur only! :rolleyes:

Oh almost forgot, when I was just past the steepest hills my twist grip shifter for the rear derailleur shattered (plastic baked in the sun).
The first thing I do when I get a bike with (modern) grip shifters is to throw them away.

Latest posts

Back