Back in the saddle again!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Actually never left it, but I have sadly been facehooked for a couple years, well no more!!!
I woke up new years day to chest pain, nothing really bad compared to broken collarbones, arms, leg and sternum... but felt like a shoe stretcher in my chest. 8 hours later I am at the hospital, clogged artery feeding my heart!
So I did some real soul searching and reflection upon my life's direction... Facebook and all (anti)social networks are history!!! No more politics, idc if this country burns down around me!
From here out it's build, laugh, love and ride!!!
20210112_044754.jpg

You're going in the right direction. I had a couple stents put in last year, right around the beginning of the year. I had spent my last two years of college just sitting and writing and eating tons of frozen pizza. I focused on school and ignored any warnings about salt or cholesterol. So I ballooned up to 250 and couldn't catch my breath even on short walks. Now I dropped 50 lbs and am salt free and nearly fat free, no pork or beef. No alcohol either, but no hangovers either. I can do more now than I could 10 years ago, but covid restricts my biking to indoors now. All I do now is try to find healthy recipes ride and work on bikes.

I dig this. Glad you're inspired for lifestyle changes. I hope you have lots of healthy miles. You'll like it here.

Welcome back. You’re one of the lucky ones to have gotten to it in time. In 96 my father passed away at 72 from a heart attack from major blockage. He never picked up on the signs, neither did his doctor a couple of months earlier. He probably just thought he was slowing down from age. I recently started riding again and its the best thing I’ve done in years. Exploring and rediscovering the city i live in on a bike makes me feel like a
kid again. Enjoy the ride and stay well.

Latest posts

Back