BACK40 returns!

Discussion in 'WBO 2017 BIKES' started by LukeTheJoker, Dec 31, 2016.

1. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

That's a well balanced bike.

2. OddJob

OddJob

@G-Matt , that pic Luke uploaded is from the National Handmade Bicycle Show. It has similarities to the Trek, but was a custom handmade frame.

There are a number of companies with a 'plus' tire sized model for 2016 - 17. Quite a few with fully rigid frames, a large number that accommodate a front fork suspension, and a couple with full suspension.

The tire sizes range from 27.5 + (also measures to 650 b) that come in widths from 2.8 - 3.0. Also, Trek and Salsa, to name a couple of the leaders in this trend, have 29 + bikes with 29 x 3.0 tires!

I have ridden 3 of these; Trek Stache (full rigid, aluminum), Salsa Woodsmoke (front fork sus, carbon fiber frame), and Salsa Deadwood (full sus carbon fiber frame). Here's a pic of me with the Salsa Deadwood at a demo event a couple weeks ago in Arizona. The bike was amazing! Like a monster truck on mtb scale! And surprisingly, not heavy feeling. Rode very much like my personal 29er full sus bike; only rolled over and through more obstacles...
    IMG_20170307_154842_393.jpg

3. G-Matt

G-Matt

They all sound killer I would like to try the carbon . Those demo bike events are a lot of fun I've been to a couple . Thanks I bet you wish you were back there in your tee shirt & shorts . Cold day at the back 40 today I bet ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

5. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

@Pushie Pirate sent me a cool toolbag, seemed perfect for this bike!

2017-04-19 14.19.35.jpg