Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, build off 15 votes are pending right now.

There was some time left for cleaning up and switching wheels and such...

This is what happened: I was not really happy with the large and heavy 26" cargo bike rims on the klunker mountainbike, so I used the wheels on my daily cruiser with some "FAT FRANK" 26"x2.35" creme tires:

EefsRDY.jpg

khjEiho.jpg

Now with rear rack.

I sent the 24" klunker wheels away to a shop specialized in lacing wheels. They put some 13g stainless steel spokes on the wheels which make it much stronger: And I like the looks with the gold and yellow:
nxd6LVo.jpg

q4avhC9.jpg

6ldbe7Q.jpg

Man I love my klunker bike, so much fun :thumbsup:

Last weekend I was cleaning up my shed, I have too many parts lying about :43: Especially after getting a chinese ladies cruiser bike out of the trash bin!
2014-05-Oscar-the-Grouch-in-a-trash-can-featured.jpg

I still had the "Continental Trail King ||'s" unused and a wheelset left from the Electra Ratrod cruiser (picture above).

So I decided to build a absolute Trash-Rat-Ladies-Klunker bike which would be technically-wise perfectly fine... check out the pictures below:

qUGwmTT.jpg

Right out of the trash, been sitting there for 3 months. Straight away, I put a lot of WD40 on all mechanical joints!

MCzw1vd.jpg

Probably not American, but Americhinese!

9ve2OYp.jpg

Lady all undressed :eek:

KT4CRsd.jpg

White paint on the ugly Chinese branding stickers which were integrated with the paintjob (so I could not remove them). And line seed oil on the inside of the frame (I still like it when a bike is put nicely together and lasts!).

Vss6I2T.jpg

Front wheel from the electra ratrod with the massive "26x2.4 trail kings". This looks like a tractor or heavy farm equipment!

YHBRtbP.jpg

Rear wheel with empty CB-E110 hub. Now repacked and greased.

EYZLEs1.jpg

a38AEBp.jpg

fKu07x9.jpg

vSiTG5U.jpg

No haircut needed!

gnXwzKg.jpg

Blue anodised one piece crank and pedals. The coasterarm from the rear hub gets painted blue too!

QT2TVlB.jpg

Large blue rear nuts I had left in my pants (does this sentence sound weird to you too?) :bandit:

CdBVH1R.jpg

a3kwRMv.jpg

An absolute abomination to look at, but still pretty cool I think!

Next to do:
Get a BMX stem and bars and a seatpost.

What name shall I give this spare parts junk bike? Any ideas?
Junk Klunk
Lady Parts :crazy:
Fat Bertha

Last edited:
Alright, I got her rollin' despite the enormous wheels that just fit the frame.
This is a large bike, the chainstay is 55cm (21,65 inch) and the length from headtube to the seattube is 60cm (23,62 inch).

Only thing left to do: Put a chain and text on the bike and a bit of adjusting here and there.

The large knobs give me inpiration for a name:
Peddle steamer or to put it in cycling terms: Pedal Steamer :grin:
Still thinking about it.

Enough words, pictures are upon us:

Go3Aal8.jpg

Beastly!

rb8HTop.jpg

xfjwPvV.jpg

g9RWMxw.jpg

Xn64LOC.jpg

vPZHGSR.jpg

wZHR2eU.jpg