Basic rat rod build finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JaxRhapsody

Rhapsodic Laviathan
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had took more pictures, but it was a Huffy Cranbrook I had for a few years and couldn't figure out what to do with it; low rider, klunker, ???. I ran bmx wheels on it for a few days after I got it, it sat for whild before I converted it to freewheel and put some fliped bars on it. Long story short; I ended up "painting" it with electrical tape and still had no real purpose, so I decided I didn't want it anymore and with the advent of two of my bikes getting stolen, leaving them to reside in my apartment reinforced just getting rid of the .... thing.

A buddy needed a bike because of what happened with his, so in trade for a set of tires, I parted out this geared cruiser an ex left at my house, and put the rear wheel/derailure/shifter on the huffy. Just needed to stretch the stays some and to run the cable, I made cable guides by cutting a ink pen casing in to sections and zip tying them on the bike. For one cable stop, I used the ink pen top and cut that tiny circle out, for the other stop, I cut the end off of another type of ink pen and again; cut out the tiny circle. This allowed me to get rid of two more tires too, since the gumwalls on the other bike were worn on the rim lip and peeling off. The spots I couldn't tape with electrical tape, either were hit with black spraypaint, or some gorilla tape. I think it's decent for my first attempt, especially with frame as busy as a canilevered one.

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_061047.jpg
    IMG_20180316_061047.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 176
I'll probably try and get more pics at his place. I also glued on the BB cable guide from some crap huffy I parted out, the one on the other bike was riveted on.

Attachments

• IMG_20180316_202010.jpg
    IMG_20180316_202010.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 198

Latest posts

Back