Beach Cruiser to Board Track Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What colour?

• Indian Red

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double blue

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Other (please comment if you have a better idea or a suggestion)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looking great so far! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about making a tank plate to go with it, but I haven't quite figured out yet how to do so. Any tips or ideas?
I was thinking about something like this:

I made mine by tracing the kite-shaped "hole" onto a piece of cardboard, cutting it out, tracing that onto a piece of 1/4" plywood and then cutting it out with an electric jigsaw. After some filing and sanding it more or less fit around the welded-on cable guides (which you won't have to worry about!) and I held it in place with two metal brackets (or straps) that I made from an old steel can: http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/Raoul_Dude/media/cruiser oct 14 tank closeup_zpsszdzfhvc.png.html

Now I'm thinking about doing another one in stained wood to match my new stained wood shift knob and the brown saddle!

I finally found a few of the remaining parts! It took me forever to find a 21.1 mm headstem in the Netherlands... But I found one from Lowrider. So now I can do the final assembly at last. I also made a cup holder. I was riding the other day and had no place to put my drink, so I needed one. All I need now is a chainguard and a rear fender (not planning on making one on the front) After that I should be done. But since the weather was so great today, I decided to do a early photo shoot. Here's the result:
IMAG0953_zpst4fnfjoj.jpg

IMAG0964_zps9miqvnx4.jpg

IMAG0960_zpsmnkvrdf1.jpg

IMAG0946_zpswchr71uk.jpg

IMAG0935_zps3jrwy6jf.jpg

IMAG0930_zps689zjdrf.jpg

Latest posts

Back