Bed full of Sprockets

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend without an Ebay/ Paypal account. Ever once in a while he asks me to buy something for him with my account and then he pays me back later. Recently he asked me to buy about $45 worth of motorcycle parts for him. When he came yo pick them up he asked me if I would be interested in a trade for a milk crate of bicycle parts he had accumulated over the years.

Here's what I got.

7f8d391b0151f30cc05097111a485e56_zps1baf44f8.jpg

And if that weren't enough there were these as well AND an old skip tooth chain in good condition.

773cfb37d0e16f64c7a99e3cc5e9c649_zps335ff69c.jpg

The hub is an old Elgin model.

I have a friend without an Ebay/ Paypal account. Ever once in a while he asks me to buy something for him with my account and then he pays me back later. Recently he asked me to buy about $45 worth of motorcycle parts for him. When he came yo pick them up he asked me if I would be interested in a trade for a milk crate of bicycle parts he had accumulated over the years.

Here's what I got.

7f8d391b0151f30cc05097111a485e56_zps1baf44f8.jpg

And if that weren't enough there were these as well AND an old skip tooth chain in good condition.

773cfb37d0e16f64c7a99e3cc5e9c649_zps335ff69c.jpg

The hub is an old Elgin model.

I would be interested in one of those mag sprockets on the top left if you are looking to part with one!

Ok, I've been a little overwhelmed by the responses to these sprockets so I'm just going to hold off on the sale of all of them for now- at least until I can figure out what they're from and what they're really worth.

Thanks for the interest.

When you are ready to sell the sprockets, I'm interested in the five spoke sprocket in the 3rd row down, one the far left side. I would like to see a close up of both sides to determine the condition. Thank you.

Me three, Araya51 and shackleford.....

I thinks someone went MIA.!!

No, I'm still here.;)

As I responded via PM and publicly earlier in this post- I got so many PMs to this post that it was a bit overwhelming. Because of that I decided my smartest move was to actually figure out what each piece was and what is was worth before selling it. Apparently asking most (not all) people for a "fair" offer for something meant getting low-balled hard on most (not all) of the offers I received. That really turned me off. Consequently I've been doing my research and have begun selling a few of these off one-at-a-time on Ebay at current market prices.

Latest posts

Back