Bendix Kickbacks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kyle Moody sent me a PM and told me I should enter this photo in the contest. I can take a hint, so here it is. I gathered up all my loose Bendix kickbacks and parts and snapped a pic. I also have 6 bikes with kickbacks.
I bought a Deluxe Typhoon in '68 with a yellow band kickback to do my paper route. I ended up taking it apart and learned how they work. I also kept a couple of the neighborhood kickbacks running as well as mine. When I started collecting old bikes in the 80's I bought every 2-speed I could find. They're great on old cruisers on fairly flat ground. The greatest bike invention for casual riding since pneumatic tires! Gary

edit: after posting this and looking at some of the pics in the contest I now realize they need to be landscape style. Oops! :oops: I may have to do a reshoot. :wink:
DSC03616.jpg

i know kyle moody,he rides with our group called the circle city cruisers. i think the picture you have here is AWESOME! i wouldn't change a thing about trying to find some landscape thing,cause when you are rebuilding those,you are not outside in the woods....just saying

pullinlines said:
i wouldn't change a thing about trying to find some landscape thing,cause when you are rebuilding those,you are not outside in the woods....just saying

My pic is vertical. This type of pic is called "portrait" style, because people are vertical. A calendar page is horizontal, not vertical. A horizontal pic is called "landscape" style. I need to reshoot the pic so it is in a horizontal format that will fit on a calendar page. I won't be taking my hubs out to the woods anytime soon. :wink: Gary

Latest posts

Back