Best Forum Ever. Period.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't belong to too many forums. Mainly this one and Freakbike.net. I was looking around at a forum, a watercooled vw one, that I won't name, cuz I have too much class for that... And it made me sick at how many cocky arrogant jerks there were there. You'd have new guys on there asking a question, and some jerkwad would answer "That's already been discussed in this forum like years ago. Search through the archives..." followed by a bunch of dirty names and stuff like that. Sorry, but if they are new, how the heck would they know? And why not ask a question? I mean I for one have better things to do than search trough years and years and years of archives... That's something I like about this place. If you ask a question, even if it's been discussed at great length at prior point in time, no one is gonna give you a snarky answer telling you to search the archives. 9 outta ten times, they will give you your answer, AND include a link to where it was discussed. And that's awesome in my opinion. I mean it's a VW for pete's sake! If I had wanted to join an elitist boar/group of people, I would have gotten a Mercedes!
So thanks to Rat Rod and all the others on here(that includes EVERYONE i've ever seen post on here. I've never seen anyone here who treated anyone else like they didn't belong here...) on here for making this a place that fosters fun and information sharing and kindness. Thank you.

yeah, most seem to be 6 guys who've formed their own little Mutual Admiration Society, another dozen who desperately want in, and sooo many more that take the hint once they find out they're not really invited to the party..................... :roll:

i understand what yer sayin brigmaster. i dunno if it's in the forum rules that steve layed out(keep the flames on the bikes) or just that bicycle guys & gals are just more layed back. either way this is a fun place to be.

You're right, Brigs. There seems to be room for everyone. I like my builds to be clean and SIMPLE. But I can appreciate period correct bikes, skip tooth, or mild customs, or FULL fledged fabricated bikes......We ALL get to learn, from the most simple, to the most complex here......Thanks to Steve

I've NEVER heard Steve mention this, ever................There is a "DONATE" button on the bottom of the opening page!

Agreed - this place is the best. I don't get to post here as much as I'd like, but I do manage to check things out pretty frequently and I really appreciate the positive attitude and enthusiasm that fills these pages.

No drama, no flame wars, just cool bikes built by guys & gals who dig bikes of all sorts - what more can I say?

-Mp

yeah i have to give lots of kudos to RatRod and everyone for this forum. i always looked on the gallery section, from the homepage,until i realized theres a forum?!?! :lol: so i joined and it just sparked my bike building. i used to build model cars, and i belonged to a model car forum (no names). but the flames were all over me a lot. so i just posted this thread about how such jerks they are and that im gonna look for a different, more open forum. so here i am. different hobby, better people. :D and one thing i like is, that if flames do start rising, everyone helps cool it down, not just site moderators and administrators.

I agree. I've only been on here for a few months and I love it. I'm checking it several times a day. My wife has a way of getting me off of it sometimes. She yells, (your foods on the table and it's getting cold). A short time later and I'm back.

Latest posts

Back