**BIG 52**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i look at the feed back .. buy my last few deals does not matter.. even if the have 40 postitive feed backs..
and no bad.. I paid for stuff 15 days ago and still have no idea if its been shipped. another one was shipped .
but still has now shown up some 8 days later... then one I paid for got 5 stories about shipping .. then he was removed
from the site. then I got something from one guy and it was so messed up when it got here.. I tossed it.(conditions not disclosed before sale). left bad feed back then he bugged me until i told steve to remove.. I have 584 bucks floating about in the mail or trash buyer beware

Hi! Feedback is an essential part of the buying and selling process - it's an organized form of "word of mouth" which is how many of us decide where to take our business. For a seller it can be a reward for a job well done. It can take a ton of PMs to complete one transaction. As a seller I focus on accurate description, revealing pics and constant communication. I stay in touch with my customers through every step of the transaction including feedback at the very end. I leave feedback as soon as the item has been received - by me or them. If no feedback is left I will contact them in a few days to insure that if they were satisfied with the transaction I would appreciate them leaving feedback for me as I have for them. If still no feedback is left I will contact them again a few days later to ask if they were not satisfied with the transaction so it can be remedied. If there is any kind of problem I always do my best to make it right even if it means losing money. I work my butt off to maintain a positive feedback rating. On a few occasions I have given the customer step by step instructions on how to leave feedback if they don't know how. To date I have only told one potential buyer to never contact me again as their PM will be deleted - there are some people that cannot be satisfied. If I was to select one word that best describes an excellent seller it would be "Honesty". I hope that comes across to all my customers. Thank you for all the Positive Feedback! Robert

I've done the same. Most folks I send a gentle reminder will follow up with feedback. I ALWAYS leave feedback. Speaking of fads, I went for years without a problem seller. Twice recently I had to file a complaint with eBay over non-shippers. I can testify that if a seller has negative feedback for slow ship and slow or no communication BELIEVE IT and move on and buy from someone else. I learned my lesson when giving sellers the benefit of the doubt.

All good feedback on this subject , glad it really does have impact with members choosing who to do buisness with as opposed to just looking at the product, i feel its been a very useful tool !

keep it goin fellas !....Ralph

I always look at feedback but also I recognize people from their postings on here and if I have seen them around the forums for a while. I always try to leave feedback on every transaction. Also most times when someone wants or needs something I have that's cheap I'll just say leave some feedback and I'll call it even and give it away free. I've had some great dealings on here and it's my way to give a little back.

I strive to try to always ship same day and mention every nick and scratch on anything I sell. I also try to be on the ball about getting payments sent quickly and always have good communication.

Now i see a new member using some kinda tactic on here tryin to scrounge up more Positive feed back on this forum ;from another forum ? :? Whats up with THAT ?

I've purchased twice just recently from members, and neither one has left feedback. I even gave them feedback, which means that they got a message saying that I did it, and they still didn't reciprocate.

I haven't bothered to ask. I feel kind of like I shouldn't have to beg for them to return a favor which I have done for them already.

*shrugs*

deven_science said:
I've purchased twice just recently from members, and neither one has left feedback. I even gave them feedback, which means that they got a message saying that I did it, and they still didn't reciprocate.

I haven't bothered to ask. I feel kind of like I shouldn't have to beg for them to return a favor which I have done for them already.

*shrugs*

i get it brotha. being a newb, when i send a total stranger some jack for a part i need in a timely manner i expect that decorum should prevail. maybe i'm getting old. i dunno.

ezernut9mm said:
deven_science said:

*shrugs*

i get it brotha. being a newb, when i send a total stranger some jack for a part i need in a timely manner i expect that decorum should prevail. maybe i'm getting old. i dunno.

I too have had this happen to me more than a few times , give some one feedback and gotten none in return :? even after sending a pm saying iv givin positive feedback ? :| oh well im not one to beg or bother :?:

I just did a deal with Dr. Tank and he left me feedback. It took me 2 days to figure out which button to push to leave him feedback. I always leave feedback but don't buy or sell very often.

Maybe some of you are not getting feedback returned because the other party is old like me an not computer savvy enough to figure it out. :oops: I'd PM the other party as many times as it takes to get the feedback. Gary

First thing is feedback score then post count. Only had one shady dealing on this forum so far, I was informed of a very disappointing fact a few hours after they had my money. I felt it best I didn't leave that member a feedback as one of his bikes was plastered up on the front home page to the forum around that time as a fairly new member. One other member seen it fit to take his sweet time eventually shipping a bike I paid for when he was informed that I had intended to do a custom paint project on it that weekend and it never made it because it shipped about 3 days after he said it would, I usually try to be cool about the feedbacks I leave, unless someone was just horrible to deal with, then a good smack down on the fb score is necessary. I always ship next day after money is recieved unless its the weekend or a holiday, no exceptions. I take my score very serious on here and about half dozen other different forums I am part of, a mans word is all he's got, internet or real world, a direct reflection of character. My ebay score is a perfect 420, all of my other scores are also 100%

:| Now im thinking these guys just don't know how to leave feedback ? If you dont; just ask some one here there's plenty of Computer savvy dudes here who can give good Direction's ! :wink: :idea:

Ralph

Just me , but all the feedback is just a number. If you have two good transactions or fifty, it really dosen't matter. If you mess someone around you will immediately be listed in one of the sections as a "Hey where the heck is my stuff I paid for" It dosen't matter if your in the hospital with both your legs cut off , you will be expected to crawl out and box up those parts. I have noticed that people will buy from a someone that just joined yesterday and wants small unmarked bills sent in the mail. I can see the glazed look in their eye at not wanting to miss out on that once in a lifetime part that will never come up again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You got a point there UNC. which brings me to my point of my Original Post ! BUYER BEWARE !

RALPH

I'm not a big buyer/seller but I'll give feedback (if I remember to) and ask for it back. I do consider it when buying though, especially since everybody keeps asking for paypal "gift" which pretty much leaves you open to get scammed. I haven't had any problems at all on this site except for some shipping delay which is no biggie.

The couple of things I've posted to sell I always say "buyer pays fees". I know as a seller i'm going to send my stuff but as a buyer... :shock: If you're buying a $100 springer or $300 bike why not add the few dollars to the transaction and have buyer protection. I hope the "gifting" mentality dies out.

max210 said:
I'm not a big buyer/seller but I'll give feedback (if I remember to) and ask for it back. I do consider it when buying though, especially since everybody keeps asking for paypal "gift" which pretty much leaves you open to get scammed.

The couple of things I've posted to sell I always say "buyer pays fees". I know as a seller i'm going to send my stuff but as a buyer... :shock: If you're buying a $100 springer or $300 bike why not add the few dollars to the transaction and have buyer protection. I hope the "gifting" mentality dies out.

10-4 on all of this. i really wish the two other forums i really deal with had this feedback feature. i really like it. now if i could just get that one last seller to leave me some feedback i would be happy. lol

I think that Paypal will get wise to the "gift" option sooner than later. IIRC, if I'm receiving over a certain amount, they charge a fee regardless of whether it's considered a gift of a transaction. I have the idea I saw that recently, but I don't go that way often enough to recall...

just like it says at the bottom of all my post ! , but otherwise if you've done business with me bought or sold you will get feedback from me , if you haven't be patient ; im just waiting for the end of our Trans action , if you've received payment and sent out the part or visa-versa ,i wait till were both happy :wink:

Here's a great example of how that number doesn't mean much. I thought jimmy was a 'regular' here. Wisely I paid for goods and not gift.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57292

Latest posts

Back