Big Budget & ALMOST WHEEL COOL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burning bridges and negativity never helps anything...
On the positive side... Dude you had a fork like that before???
That bike is sweet, and I like the double fade on the new one even better.

Carl.

Burning bridges and negativity never helps anything...
On the positive side... Dude you had a fork like that before???
That bike is sweet, and I like the double fade on the new one even better.

Carl.
True Carl, about burning bridges - however I have gave him the benefit of doubt, thinking everyone else was wrong about him. I am NOT the first one he has wronged - long list (even members here).
He is Fries and a Prize short of a Happy Meal. The bridge burned - never was a bridge.

POSITIVE NOTE: I did have a fork like that before. It is a Top Fueler and both I had were originals. The first one I had had been Chrome plated when I got it. The one I have now was so rough that when I bought it I got it still attached to the head tube (frame had to be cut to ship). I sent it off to have it correctly Nickle Plated. I've been lucky to have found not one but 2.

Thank you Carl - the paint on the first one I had was spray painted by a friend who had the bike before me. It was an original Rally Bronze bike. I have since found the correct Rally Bronze 69 and wanted to finish my quest for a custom Rail too.

This is my ALL correct original '69 the day I picked it up from a member here locally.
My69Slingshot_zps97cc4a3b.jpg

I did actually win a show with this last one - totally unexpected and I did not feel worthy of placing. There were some REALLY nice restored bike in that class that were a lot more deserving. I think I sparked interest because most of the other bikes were Stingrays.
DSC01002_zps158b5560.jpg

Sorry to hear about the discord.

I showed my boss the Renegade 5 today out in the parking lot, and he freaked out with how tiny it really was. We get used to looking at these bikes as just pictures, and that builds a certain mental picture of their size. Then you put wheels on it, stand next to it, and realize that they are actually really small! lol I guess that's why they are kids' bikes, and I'm building a 26" one for myself! :)

That last one looked great, and I REALLY like the reverse fade you had done for this one. It's going to be top shelf!

Crash. I agree, when you look at them while building them, they also look much bigger. The new one at least has.a 60" sissybar, so it will at least look taller. It always throws me off looking at this picture, I always see it as if I were still a kid I guess.

Talking about 26's. Get this, I just picked up a Huffy Sportman with almost perfect 26 x 1 3/8th RWL XKE 990'S front & rear. Trying to decide what I should do with those tires. I don't think many exist.

Last edited:
Talking about 26's. Get this, I just picked up a Huffy Sportman with almost perfect 26 x 1 3/8th RWL XKE 990'S front & rear. Trying to decide what I should do with those tires. I don't think many exist.
That's an easy answer. You sell those puppies to me for a song! I'll build up another 26" muscle bike around them! :D

Rob the bikes are looking really good. The top fueler bikes paint is great. I see you have a twin stick for it. Just a little heads up. With the top fueler forks on the top plate will hit the shifter cover if turned to far. Just so you know and don't crack the cover. Can't wait to see it finished. It is going to look so cool.!!

Thank you Jaxon. I'm not going to run a twin on it for this exact reason. I have three of these twin sticks shifters now but going to run a single 5 speed for this build off... got a custom 5 spoke front wheel mounted yesterday as well as the original Bronco Wheelie Bar. I won't get pictures shot until tomorrow or Tuesday but almost totally complete.

Last edited:
How dose this bike ride it look hard if you were going up a big hill P.S love this bike

Wow!! One of the coolest builds!!

"I did actually win a show with this last one - totally unexpected and I did not feel worthy of placing."

That's definitley a deserved win! This is a build to be proud of! :thumbsup:

Just awesome looking,did you cast a 16" front wheel?,anyway lots of kool parts on your rails.
peace,
justdave

Latest posts

Back