Bike Swap & Art Fest - JUNE 9th, 2012 Mark your calendar!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back to LETS MAKE A DEAL!!!

Apparently you folks had all guessed the correct door! Now, presenting our raffle bike... Taa Daa!

Meet Panama Jack

PJ by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Nice Rack

PJ Rack by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Even Nicer Rack - Extended!

PJ Rack Ext by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Bottler Opener On Fork and Personalized Script On Tire

PJ Opener and Script by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Beverage Holder and Cuban Cigar/Baseball Cars Carrier (depending on your age...)

PJ Holders by sleepersedan, on Flickr

The plan at the moment is that the swap will start at 6:30 A.M. First door prize [or prizes] will be given away at 7:30 and door prizes thereafter every 1/2 hr. These are freebies, no money required, register only once please. We'll probably have you register [at your leisure] at the "Check-In" tent and announce winners via chalk board, you can check the chalk board whenever it is convenient for you and your party. Just present you I.D.

The bike show is a $1 dollar entry fee and the winner garnering the most popular vote and a $25 dollar gift certificate to the Bike Stop across the street. We welcome ANY bike. This is very informal. Enter as many as you like.

The 50/50 pot and the raffle bike (Panama Jack) giveaway will be 11:30 and noon respectively. The 50/50 pot will be a dollar per ticket, buy as many tickets as you like... the more you buy the better your odds of winning. The raffle bike is much the same, a dollar per ticket to enter the pot with the special incentive of $5 will get you six tickets into the drawing. Again, the more you buy, the better your odds are of winning. Winner must be present, we don't want to ship as a FYI. All profits are going to a good cause, the Blue Springs Arts Council to pay for children’s art supplies, utility bills for the gallery to remain open, general upkeep, and such.

Please feel free to comment. If you would like to offer up any kind of door prize to be given away please feel free to contact myself & John at [email protected]

Clark

To sweetin' the pot, here are a couple items I'll be donating to the raffle.

A pair of Persons Majestic tear drop pedals.
persa.jpg

and a pair of Kenda 26" x 2.125 white wall tires.
DSC00535.jpg

Better make your travel plans now!

10~18 Kustoms said:
To sweetin' the pot, here are a couple items I'll be donating to the raffle.

A pair of Persons Majestic tear drop pedals.
persa.jpg

and a pair of Kenda 26" x 2.125 white wall tires.
DSC00535.jpg

Better make your travel plans now!

:shock: SUH WEET!!!

Marty, thank you so very much! <high fives>

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure to meet Marty, he is one of the most kind, generous, and giving of his time kinda of people you'll ever meet. When it comes to the bicycle hobby [and VW community] he is a very knowledgeable man who shares his experiences to others so that they may learn the ins-n-out of bikes & VDubs'.

Go find him and introduce yourself.

Clark

That a nice Walmart bike, I guess I'd buy some tickets to win this one. I don't need it I just want to win it.

65rat said:
Hey see if Sills will take a picture of the other side of that Twin Steer Patee tandem so I can see the sprocket setup to figure mine out 8)

Will do. I just missed his telephone call a few minutes ago... I'm home alone tonight and trying to wrangle two little kids! :D If I don't catch him I shoot him a txt in the morning.

Clark

dos cruiser said:
That a nice Walmart bike, I guess I'd buy some tickets to win this one. I don't need it I just want to win it.

It is a nice bike, of course it's relative to whatever you're comparing it to... It's one of those bikes you just can enjoy it as it is or you could totally "rat it out"!

Clark

Sleeper Sedan said:
65rat said:
Hey see if Sills will take a picture of the other side of that Twin Steer Patee tandem so I can see the sprocket setup to figure mine out 8)

Will do. I just missed his telephone call a few minutes ago... I'm home alone tonight and trying to wrangle two little kids! :D If I don't catch him I shoot him a txt in the morning.

Clark
I got his number from a friend and called him earlier he's going to send me some pics, Thanks. Here's a pic of mine

2012-02-12170715.jpg

Hey! Good morning everyone!

We're in the process of getting some of our loose strings tied up and making a push to the swap meet day.

Today's topic is "You, swap meet survival, and food!" <a booming voice from the sky>

So, as a FYI, you coffee drinkers will have a coffee vendor there bright and early to serve up a hot cup of java. It's a good kick start to the day. Also, we will have a food vendor on-site, "Poppy's Road Side Dinner". Poppy's will be serving things of the hearty variety, such as steak sandwiches, chicken nuggets, meat ball sandwiches, hot dogs, french fries, onion rings, etc. There will also be soda pop, water, Gatoraid to quench your thirst.

Later in the morning, probably closer to noon there will be a concessionaire serving shaved ice as a nice cool down for the day and there will also be cupcake baker somewhere in the mix too for those with a sweet tooth pallet.

Lastly I would be remiss if I didn't offer a reminder regarding our 5 o'clock bike crawl, an opportunity to regain our physical stature after a day of fine dining. Did I mention we would be riding to a ice cream parlor...? The ride back will take care of the ice cream treat. :lol:

We're looking forward to all of you sellers-n-buyers.

Clark

Sleeper Sedan said:
Here's a twin steer Patee tandem, circa 1896-1898. I think John has claimed this one as a keeper... You can still ask. :lol:
Patee039.jpg

I bought this for $10 yesterday at the pre-swap sale at John's place.... but we bought so many bikes, we didnt have room to haul it home. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see all of you guys, hope to get back up there for El Torreon. 8)

Ratfink1962 said:
Sleeper Sedan said:
Here's a twin steer Patee tandem, circa 1896-1898. I think John has claimed this one as a keeper... You can still ask. :lol:
Patee039.jpg

I bought this for $10 yesterday at the pre-swap sale at John's place.... but we bought so many bikes, we didnt have room to haul it home. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see all of you guys, hope to get back up there for El Torreon. 8)

Holy bananas!! Are you trying to start a riot!!! :lol: It was good to see you guys yesterday too, albeit briefly. The 1st year swap isn't even under our belt yet and there is talk already of next year's swap. Seeing how you can't make this event, due to prior obligations, we look forward to having you next year.

Clark

Well... you might be able to snag it for that, I had it bought for $10 but didn't have room to haul it, especially since I forgot my hacksaw! :shock:

$11.50 will definetly get it, but I would start at $7.50 and see if he bites :wink:

Hey folks! Thanks for hanging there... It's been a terribly busy week with the wife gone and such. I hope to have some updates posted late this evening and/or tomorrow followed by continual updates this coming next week. Our swap meet is only a week away... :shock:

Clark

Hey, good evening to all!

It's been a busy weekend, I didn't get quite everything done I wanted but, close.

Please see the map below to help you find us come next Saturday. It's a crude layout but, you get the point. If you have any questions please feel free to ask [or PM me] at your convenience.

Clark

bike swap map 1 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

Here's an update:

In regards to our advertised 5:00 bicycle crawl, the gentleman that owns the Soda Fountain (ice cream parlor) is only open till 4:00 on Saturday. My mistake, I thought it was 6:00 when I made the flyer. Anyway, I talked with him this past weekend and he is very excited to see all the bicycle crawlers. It is exactly 1 mile from swap meet to his door with only a slight grade down-n-up. Here's a video on downtown Blue Springs, MO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Je-qnOd_I There are several little snippets of the ice cream place [and other establishments too]. Here's a a "trip advisor" review http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R ... souri.html The old boy was quite a character when I spoke with him...

So, I was thinking we could saddle up after we give away our raffle bike... heading out near 12:30 for those feeling inclined to do so.

Also, here's another option for those who are feeling adventurous... http://library.constantcontact.com/down ... de2012.pdf A midnight ride! There has been several expressing interest on this one, with our old [but trusty] rides we could stick together and do the shorter ride...?

There are many options available to us, heck we could even meet downtown KC and do a crawl. Let me know your thoughts and ideas, we're all pretty flexible here...

Clark

Riviera Rich said:
Bring it on Clark!! I am up for a midnight cruise!!

Well of course you'd have to be "UP" for a midnight cruise,or any other for that matter,as I've yet to see anyone ride in their sleep,Rich! :shock: :lol: :roll: ..............................P 8)

So, here's a little teaser. Who can shed some information, albeit crude pictures, on the two handle bars shown...

Lower bar pictured, all Mother Nature - woody. The bar on top is metal but, has a very similar/vintage grip.

Handle bar 1 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

(flipped the bars over)

Handle bar 2 by sleepersedan, on Flickr

These were in the stash that John (jjmunster) and I bought out a few weeks back while preparing for the swap meet this coming Saturday. We did find some other treasures too, just a variety of stuff actually. I'll snap a few more pictures tomorrow.

Clark

When you guys-n-gals show up Saturday morning, be sure and to make your way to the "Check-in" tent to register for door prizes - it's FREE!. People/businesses have been very generous with their donations; we've got some really nice stuff to give away… No, I'm not going to tell you what we've accumulated thus far. Duh. LOL. It's like Christmas, you're just going to have to wait! :wink:

So, drag you're back side out of bed, grab your best friend [even if it's your dog], get here, and see for yourself! :lol: We're really looking forward to having some fun and growing the hobby in the meantime.

Clark

Latest posts

Back