BIKEFLIGHTS.COM - MY EXPERIENCE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long story short- this spring my wife's Cervelo TT bike and new carbon wheels took a leisurely tour from Colorado through most of the Southeast, arriving at her hotel in Shreveport the day after her race, eventually finding it's way home 1 week after being shipped...

Your results may vary! :D

She's actually thought about using them again, thinking "What are the odds it'll happen twice...?"

I've used them multiple times lately for frames, whole bikes, and wheelsets. Easy and cheaper rates than other methods.

I've never had a bad experience with them. They are the only method of shipping I use anymore.

Long story short- this spring my wife's Cervelo TT bike and new carbon wheels took a leisurely tour from Colorado through most of the Southeast, arriving at her hotel in Shreveport the day after her race, eventually finding it's way home 1 week after being shipped...

Your results may vary! :D

She's actually thought about using them again, thinking "What are the odds it'll happen twice...?"

Sounds more like a FEDEX problem then Bikeflights.

So was the bike actually damaged by something that FedEx did or was there an issue with the packaging?

Just curious because of the dozens of bikes I've shipped over the years, I've never had FedEx do any damage.

Thank you for informing us about this. Your claim experience and it's outcome makes me very leery of them now. Shippers treat packages terrible, especially larger ones like bikes. Therefore no matter how good the packing is there will be some damage every once and a while. They toss, drop, stack heavy stuff on other boxes....... Having no real insurance but collecting money for it helps to explain their cheaper rates to me.

I will continue to use bike flights as long as I ship bikes and parts. They are cheaper but not bargain basement cheap. Something seems fishy here as FedEx is the shipper not bikeflights

Thanks for the info CeeBee.

That does stink about them not backing up the damage claims....and like you said, they are just pocketing the insurance money added to the transaction so it's better off to not add any value at all.

So I guess that explains how they get the price discount from FedEx to make such great deals on shipping....they've agreed to eliminate any responsibility on FedEx's part for damages.

I just sold a couple bikes to a local guy. He sells a lot on ebay and says he has got his boxing down to a science (he makes his own cardboard boxes within the size specs of FEdEx/UPS to avoid oversized charges) he says he pays on average about $32-$35 to ship a bike.

I'm kicking myself right now. I just shipped some tires and wheels and I could have saved myself $15 for the same service by using bikeflights. Thats not including other frames i have shipped. Worst part of it all is that I follow this thread!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I used bikeflights to ship a bike last week. Great prices, excellent service, idiot proof actually. Please use this service so that they might survive and prosper!

Anyone used Bikeflights recently ? Would like them but reviews for them are all over the map. Admittedly much of the negative is when a claim is involved
Thanks

Latest posts

Back