Bikeflights.com tips thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Let's have a place to help members use bike flights services more efficiently.
So far my biggest new things are asking sender to take pictures of box (we do recycle so it's fair verify condition)
Share the order number, that's how bike flights keeps tracking.
I'm not clear on insurance... The issue my packages came into is one was pulled for inspection for damage.. I'm not clear on who addressed damage claims, YET..

any tips and pointers to keep bike flights as painless and easy for members would be appreciated..

I've had exactly one bike shipped... and it was shipped through bike flights.
It arrived looking like it had been drug down the road behind the delivery truck instead of in it.

Tips? If you have to file a claim, they're going to want to see pics of the bike before it was packed up. They're going to want pics of how it was packaged and pics of the box and it's damage before you open it. I didn't have a pic of the bike before shipping, but I did photograph the box before I opened it and it's contents before I unwrapped them. You're also obviously going to have to photograph any damage.

If you don't photograph the way it was packaged... they'll tell you it wan't packaged right and refuse the claim.

I had to file the claim since I received the bike... the seller is pretty much out of the picture.

I got that feeling as they contacted @kirk and were trying tell me everything was fine and the package was in route and not damaged..

Took while for her to get this not valid.. as I had said box in possession.
Luckily I'm dealing w @kirk he packed for the apocalypse but yeah no way would any store accept merchandise in the condition the box got here in.

Update... Just got off phone with bikeflights.com
Have to say, awsome. Yes I'm annoyed and frustrated, so that didn't help when trying address these things.
The rep was very considerate and understanding of my complaint and to be fair, had no issue with not only keeping their guarantee, but assuring me the refunds would be done ASAP.
They asked for all the information I could provide so they could have there account rep address issue with fed ex.
I was chatting with them about my use of there service, and questions I and others may have regaurding how best protect ourselves.
I'm happy to say a bikeflights.com rep will be making an intro thread to try help answer questions.
I'm mildly surprised but in a good way.
I'll be using the refund to ship again...
As long as I can get service and advice like that, you vet I'll be a customer.

Latest posts

Back