Bikes At Wichita Starbird Show (Photos & Video Added)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bikes At Wichita Starbird Show

Great show!

I'll probably wait till tomorrow to post bike pics. I plan to go back and try and get more/better pics than I did today.

In the meantime here's a slideshow of just a small sample of the many cars there

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m170 ... =slideshow

pick said:
Great pics Randy! 8)

I agree.

Its been a lot of years since I last attended this show, and I gotta say, I think the new management is on the right track, the quality of cars is a lot better, some REALY nice cars too, even the 2011 Riddler winner. That car is AMAZING!

2011-Ridler-Award-Great-8_01-b1.jpg

2011-Ridler-Award-winner-56-Ford-Sunliner-engine.JPG

Only problem with that car... You can't drive it... Spotless!!! I swear, If I win the lotto some day... Im gonna go buy a trailer queen ... and drive it from coast to coast without washing it... That car needs to be driven... Who in thier right mind spends that kind of money to take it on and off a trailer?

I agree, I also wonder if it even runs!

spending that kind of money... I think its more of a "my junk is bigger than your junk" kinda deal

Dont make sense, but at least it gives us something to drool over. All the subtle mods on that car are amazing! :shock: :shock:

Antique Pre-40 was Larry and his Tandem
Antique Post-40 was Steve with his Phantom
Custom was Mike with the twisted lowrider
Rat was Dan with the beer bike
Best of show was Mitch with the pair of bikes he built for his Mom and Pop

And it was a great time hanging out with everyone and getting fresh ideas

Thanks for the info guys. Great show. Also thanks so much for putting forth the effort to participate and represent the Coasters and the kustom and classic bike scene here.

A few photos. All photos here.

Geech34 or whatever Thad's name on here is
IMG_9358.JPG

Dangratsdan
IMG_9364.JPG

Dangratsdan winner Rat with beer bike
IMG_9547.JPG

Ratfink1962
IMG_9515.JPG

Ratfink1962 Winners Best Of Show
IMG_9518.JPG

Ndway
IMG_9523.JPG

IMG_9408.JPG

450redrider
IMG_9525.JPG

IMG_9397.JPG

65rat
IMG_9392.JPG

Can't recall his name here
IMG_9426.JPG

Pick
IMG_9386.JPG

IMG_9385.JPG

I had a great time & really enjoyed meeting & visiting with all of you guys! What a great bunch of people! 8) Hope we can do it again nxt year. I'm sure I will see you all at the next function. Congrats to all trophy winners as well (well deserved). & a special thanks to Mitch (the guy who burns the hotdogs!) for allowing me to share his space with part of his amazing collection! 8)

Two of my kids had a lot of fun and they have ideas for a better display next year and a bicycle build idea..so I am already looking foward to next year I think they will help more and get more involved next time which will make it more enjoyable for me I always have more fun with the kids :D

pick said:
I had a great time & really enjoyed meeting & visiting with all of you guys! What a great bunch of people! 8) Hope we can do it again nxt year. I'm sure I will see you all at the next function. Congrats to all trophy winners as well (well deserved). & a special thanks to Mitch (the guy who burns the hotdogs!) for allowing me to share his space with part of his amazing collection! 8)

Lol, no problem Pick... had plenty of space.

And... if any of you local guys are going to a bike show and need stanchions, feel free to use mine.

ndaway : Great to meet you buddy! I think you have a great set of kids also! 8) I don't think you can go to a thing like this & not get fired up about the next build!

Cameron: Hope to see ya there nxt year!

450redrider said:
The first one was biker_km and I believe Ed is Mazdaflyer
Yes MazdaFlyer is Ed A, had the Schwinn, EvansColson and the Rollfast. Neat bunch of bikes there. Congrats to winners. Thanks to Tom Sawyer Bicycle shop for their sponsorship of the event. Beat the rain home, thus no bike cleanup.

MazdaFlyer said:
450redrider said:
The first one was biker_km and I believe Ed is Mazdaflyer
Yes MazdaFlyer is Ed A, had the Schwinn, EvansColson and the Rollfast. Neat bunch of bikes there. Congrats to winners. Thanks to Tom Sawyer Bicycle shop for their sponsorship of the event. Beat the rain home, thus no bike cleanup.

+1 A special thanks to Alan @ Tom Sawyer Bike shop also! I didn't beat the rain/snow, but that's the way it goes. I think I was the last bikes out of there. Thanks Mitch for helping me cram 2 bikes into the CRV! Started to look like a ghost town when I left. Those car guys don't waste any time gettin out of there!

Latest posts

Back