Black Rat Dragster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the idea of this bike and the little red trike. Please keep it together. I love those little things. Hope to get a trike or two to hang in the garage eventually

now that have I a new computer is good to get some parts ordered in, couldn't find tubing size local so have that now 3/8 dia. to match rear frame size and .65 wall so just needed a quick drill to fit 1/4" cut off bolt just need to plug weld those in and got my heim joints in and found some 3" office chair wheels that will work perfect for the wheelie bar wheels.

messing around with the wheelie bar mounts and getting some brackets made for mounting, the rear of these frames are so thin I made a 1/8 plate to support the front that will be welded on frame and also provide the top pivot mount.
Wheelie bar wheels will be 3" off the ground and my original thought was to fabricate a slide mount on the lower frame mount for a additional couple inches of travel for general use sidewalk to road differences ect. but did look good and then got to thinking hauling this to hot rod shows or wherever would have to disassemble the bars to fit in the back of the truck being a pain soooo came up with this.... redneck duct tape mockup to see what would work and crappy pics. the rear is a slide tube on the bottom bar, brackets need some final shaping and prob some holes or slots in but doing it this way can lift the bars 20" so once loaded in the truck can just lift them up and shut the tailgate may do some type of limit for lift for riding.

Latest posts

Back