BLACK WICKED is done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well guess i'll post to make this real. i am in. will post pic when i get back home.most of you have seen the bike. it's my 55 monkey ward hawthorn. Black Wicked, thats his name, the wicked witch from the NW an his game is to win. watch out for his spells he'll cast on ya.lol

Outlaw :x

Re: BLACK WICKED

ok, got back from Twin Falls. this is the before
IMG_0509.jpg

ok, so now i'll start. will post as i go along. this is going to be fun. good building all, can't wait to see all of your builds.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

well, this is what i got done today.
JWSMOCKUPBIKES132.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES133.jpg

will paint it flat black enamel primer with a clear lacqure. thats it for now

Outlaw :mrgreen:

vanilla_gorilla said:
i dont think laquer can go over enamel, i could have that backwards though might wanna double check

Lacquer WILL NOT go over "air dried" enamel!.............Unless you like the crinkled look. :roll:

Enamel WILL go over lacquer. Outlaw, use a lacquer primer, with a lacquer clear........or an enamel CLEAR. Personally I'd use the Lacquer for both, primer and clear coat (satin or semi-gloss).

well it seems to work. put the enamel on let it dry a little an shot it with the lacquer. nice an smooth. turned out great.

thats weird usually itll peel it right off
in future projects you might not get so lucky id stick with pairing the paint with the clear and not takin the chance and
combining them
dont want you to ruin your perfectly good paint job man!

vanilla_gorilla said:
i dont think laquer can go over enamel, i could have that backwards though might wanna double check
actually it can just make sure its done gassing off though otherwise therell be problems...i used rustolium enamel with a testors lacquer clear over that and the etching primer(for the kids build) and have had not a single issue with anything
i just tested it out on some spare steel i had first to make sure there wouldnt be problems

yeah, i'll be watching it. i did it this afternoon, so we will see.

sensor said:
[
actually it can just make sure its done gassing off though otherwise therell be problems...i used rustolium enamel with a testors lacquer clear over that and the etching primer(for the kids build) and have had not a single issue with anything
i just tested it out on some spare steel i had first to make sure there wouldnt be problems

I would imagine you have a FEW years of painting experience under your "sneakers"! :lol:.....It's an acquired skill, knowing when to shoot something a little "dry" or "wet". :wink:

i've been rattling with the cans as long as i can remember. have always painted my motorbikes.lol. sometimes they don't come out good, so ya just resand and shoot again. my red hot rod rat bike whatevere you want to call it is giving me fits. i have redone it 3 times and now on my 4th. better work this time. so far my paint on Black Wicked is doing good. no bad things happing yet, i'll cross my fingers.

here are the pic's of the frame painted. it came out great. i have done this combo before an you just have to know when to shoot the clear on it. here ya go:

JWSMOCKUPBIKES149.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES150.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES151.jpg

JWSMOCKUPBIKES152.jpg

well thats it for now. the Black Wicked is coming,better watch out,he'll put a spell on ya.

just a little update. had to get another fork from crassley as the original was stuck really bad to the gooseneck. had to cut the neck off. out a pipe wrench on it an didn't see it was on the threads. twisted the neck out ok but the threads got damaged, sooo to our very good guy crassley who keeps saving our behinds he found one an had to rethread it down another inch as mine is shorter. haven't painted it yet. put it in the frame an put my rims an tires on it. been raining around here like crazy so my painting has stopped for the time being. well thats it for now. everyones build is looking great.

OUTLAW said:
well thats it for now. everyones build is looking great.Outlaw :mrgreen:

MINE'S NOT!

Looks good. I see a bagger in the shed. 8) What kind of taillights you got on there?

those are 60's vw. the bike is a 96 hd Road King. raked out to 34 degrees. frame is slamed to 3" off the ground.next time i pull it out i'll take a pic of it.

Latest posts

Back