Black Widow Rain City Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copy2_zps596fadf9.jpg

I know this is more of show chopper rather than a show rat but thought I would post a few pictures. In 2005 Red Line Bicycle got with Rain City Choppers and made and numbered 1500 cool chopper bicycles.
Copy4_zps01fecb2d.jpg

This one is number 1253. I can not leave anything stock so here goes about the changes made. I swapped out the front 24" wheel for a 29" wheel.
Copy7_zps32a67028.jpg

By doing this I had to raise the forks to keep the bike level. By this time the handle bars are too high as they are part of the fork. Therefore. they are cutoff at that the top plate and capped off.
Copy8_zps79192571.jpg

I needed handle bars so 6" motorcycle risers were added and new straight bars were added. New custom handlebar grips were then added to finish it off. I replaced the stock pedals to a more traditional pedal as I thought it looked better.
Copy9_zps7dbb8320.jpg

I took off all the factory reflectors and, in doing so, had to cover up the holes in the rear fender. I did this by: bondo-ing up the holes, painting it black and then placing a Harley sticker on the rear fender.
Copy10_zps856309d3.jpg

I added the cool headlight and side mount tag and brake light.

These pictures were taken in the Chattanooga World of Wheels this past January 9-11, 2015 as I only entered to push the Bicycle Show GET_A_GRIP which is coming up this March 28, 2015 in Cleveland TN. You can see the oversized flyer on the left. This being our fourth year, we have started doing pre-registration for the show because so many want the prime spots and they are rolling in. Be sure and check out the events page for more information.

Thanks for checking out the bike.

Apologies in advance for resurrecting a January thread, but I'm hoping that Dorr (or other RRB members) can post close-up photos of the rear fender reflector that came with the Redline Rain City Chopper. I'm referring to the rear fender reflector that Dorr removed (where his photos show a Harley sticker).

I have a Redline Rain City Chopper that is missing that ONE rear fender reflector. And believe it or not, it is VERY difficult to find a close-up of that reflector. Most online photos, including Google Image, show the reflector removed, or the distance is too great to actually see what the reflector looks like. Here's hoping it is a generic reflector that I can purchase to make a mint Redline chopper truly complete.

(BTW... has anyone ever found a source for a new Rain City belt should the need arise? Unfortunately, a search of RRB did not provide any useful clues).

Apologies in advance for resurrecting a January thread, but I'm hoping that Dorr (or other RRB members) can post close-up photos of the rear fender reflector that came with the Redline Rain City Chopper. I'm referring to the rear fender reflector that Dorr removed (where his photos show a Harley sticker).

I have a Redline Rain City Chopper that is missing that ONE rear fender reflector. And believe it or not, it is VERY difficult to find a close-up of that reflector. Most online photos, including Google Image, show the reflector removed, or the distance is too great to actually see what the reflector looks like. Here's hoping it is a generic reflector that I can purchase to make a mint Redline chopper truly complete.

(BTW... has anyone ever found a source for a new Rain City belt should the need arise? Unfortunately, a search of RRB did not provide any useful clues).
This is a very old post and I'm wondering if you still need a close-up of the rear reflector. I recently acquired a Redline Rain City Chopper and I can provide a close-up picture if you still need it.

Latest posts

Back