*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cry: I'm touched…

Her real name is Lynette, or Lyn… which I think is why the nickname ended up at Min…it rhymes.

Thanks for the dedication… it means a lot :angelic:

Glen.
No problem Glen,what year was she born?

Ok updates on Bam.
managed to clearcoat the frame...No wind...
Mount the engine.(need to get this running and tested,but need rear wheel)
Painted the grips brown rust style.Found some brown string to cover the grips,all I could find,but now relized I had some leather strips?:39:(will use them on the Indian)
The spray glue is soooo sticky... dang it,a whole lotta mess:D
CAM00687.jpg

Cut the old french handle bars down,and welded in the size for the grips.Shame to destroy original vintage bars,but would have never found grips to fit...
CAM00681.jpg
CAM00680.jpg
Clearcoated the bars and rims,also mounted the tires...Have been given wider rims,so depending on the rear width i will match them up.Mo fatter da better as they say;)
CAM00682.jpg
Creamed the cables,didn't like the black...
CAM00689.jpg
Found a bolt from my old pajero that fits the gearshift knob.:thumbsup:
CAM00685.jpg
Hand painted the graphics on the tank,aged and rusted them...
CAM00691.jpg
CAM00692.jpg
Next is light bracket to make,and I have decided to extend the axel wider,it will solve the problem of the peddles scraping engine and dropouts.

Attachments

• CAM00683.jpg
    CAM00683.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 207
  • CAM00686.jpg
    CAM00686.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 222
Went to work on extending the axle today,sliced the ends off the french ones and mounted onto a english axle...To make sure They were welded on straight I used a bit of copper piping as a guideline and to hold together...Cut out a small area so that I could weld on...
CAM00726.jpg
Turned out well.
But I noticed my engine is sitting straight and the carb is slanted back.Does anyone know if this will cause a problem? Should the carb be sitting straight?
CAM00730.jpg
Tank is on
CAM00729.jpg

Looking awesome put together Miss Funk!!!
Hats off to you for dedicating Minehaha to Glenn's Min too! BRAVO!

I found this in regards to the carb level
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/Skyhawk Instructions.html
111.jpg
Darn it!!! That's what I thought...:39:
Maybe I can pinch a straight intake manifold of another motor here,or I will have to cut and weld the engine bracket again...Now that I have widen the axle I can lower the engine...But that renders the spark plug hole a waste...
Thanx KF

Could you cut a V notch in the top of that intake manifold, then bend it up and weld it… or is it aluminium? o_O

Or with your skills… just fab a new one. :dontmentionit:

Glen.

Ideally I have heard you want the carb upright. I have seen a lot of these where it is a lot further from level than where you are at and they seem to be good with it. I think worst case scenario if you do not shut off your valve from the tank it will have a slow leak when parked. Hope that helps.

Moisstink is right,the truth is,it would leak out of the air-filter...Anyway I should have know'in better than that...Funny how things slip when your whistling away to your build.... Ok so today I re-cut the engine mount bar,reshaped a bar from a atv handlebar,heated and bend with more right angel,re-welded,n painted:grin:
The middle bar has a hole new concept,and the tank will need new graphics....What can I say" Goes with the whole falling out of bed syndrome" yes sir re I did"....

Could you cut a V notch in the top of that intake manifold, then bend it up and weld it… or is it aluminium? o_O

Or with your skills… just fab a new one. :dontmentionit:

Glen.
Thought of it,:39:
But I decided to over-ride lazy,when I had exhausted all lazy....:grin:
So I had to redo,NOT 1 but 3 things....Whats that expression 'Do it properly or don't do it at all(or in my case 3 times):21:

Thought of it,:39:
But I decided to over-ride lazy,when I had exhausted all lazy....:grin:
So I had to redo,NOT 1 but 3 things....Whats that expression 'Do it properly or don't do it at all(or in my case 3 times):21:
And this song came to mind....

But I have to admit in my mistakes here building BAM, I have relized what I need to do do,to finish the replica Indian....Something has been stopping me on this build.The truth is the line does't follow the tank
It needs a whole new rethink and construction.
And I have relised what I need to do...So into the chop shop she goes...

And this one is quite appropriate for you and everyone else on this site…

Jolly lil ditty that was.....:21::21:

So I have been lookin for a nice tax plate from 1951 for Minnehaha,to dedicate it to Glen 's sister.... I have only come up with this for now,for some reason 1922 & 1951 are years that are hard to come by....So I purchased this old french taxe plate from 1951 to go on Minnehaha...
$_57.JPG

So I have been lookin for a nice tax plate from 1951 for Minnehaha,to dedicate it to Glen 's sister.... I have only come up with this for now,for some reason 1922 & 1951 are years that are hard to come by....So I purchased this old french taxe plate from 1951 to go on Minnehaha...
$_57.JPG

Oh… wow again. You really are a nice one aren't you :cry:

I was just typing up the following as you were posting the message above…

----------------

I was wondering… since you were kind enough to dedicate Minnehaha to my late sister who was born in 1951, would you like a 1951 New Zealand coin to attach somewhere?

I have a penny that was on the dashboard of my 1951 Chev sedan back in the early 1990's. Looks like this...

3854308569_fb2ff738cf_z.jpg

I also have a florin that looks like this…

25268b.jpg

I could send you both if you want them and you could choose which to use. Or if you would prefer not to, that's okay too.

Glen.

-------------

So even though you have that tax plate, the offer of the coins still stands if you want them.

Glen.

Oh… wow again. You really are a nice one aren't you :cry:

I was just typing up the following as you were posting the message above…

----------------

I was wondering… since you were kind enough to dedicate Minnehaha to my late sister who was born in 1951, would you like a 1951 New Zealand coin to attach somewhere?

I have a penny that was on the dashboard of my 1951 Chev sedan back in the early 1990's. Looks like this...

3854308569_fb2ff738cf_z.jpg

I also have a florin that looks like this…

25268b.jpg

I could send you both if you want them and you could choose which to use. Or if you would prefer not to, that's okay too.

Glen.

-------------

So even though you have that tax plate, the offer of the coins still stands if you want them.

Glen.
Sounds good,you pick one.Something from New zealand with history...

Latest posts

Back