*** Blue Arrow & Minnehaha >>>>>>>>>>DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoyed your exceptional building skills....awesome for sure...inspiring for me and many more for sure... Can't get any better! lOVIN' IT! -- NICE, NICE GRAPHIC WORK!

$_35.JPG

Re-welded the engine bracket in a different place...Lowered.
CAM00731.jpg

The rear wheels arrived yesterday,brand spanky new....
CAM00744.jpg

Painted/rusted the one I was going to use.3 inter gear.
Tried to mount the rear motor sproket...Guess what the center hole is to small,will try and find a machinist tomorrow to enlarge. Also the gear shifter has a different system,so will swap out for another one...And seem to be having a slight problem with the bottom bracket set up,not running as smoothly as I would like..........:arghh::crazy:

Hang in there champ! You can do it!

Seems to be fighting you all the way!

Luke.
Yep,i felt like it was all running 2 smoothly before...And now the hick ups have started...I might also take the bottom bracket,and see if he can build me a proper one...I think my extensions arnt as straight as I thought:39:

Yeah!!! Progress...We only have one machinest on the island and he only goes to his workshop to feed the cats or if someone calls him. So I caught him by chance this afternoon.I showed him what I wanted,and he was confused and wanted to understand,so I went home and grabbed the wheel.(I only live around the corner)
He looked at the 3.00 ' tire and said,"That's for a motorcycle" and I laughed and showed him pics of BAM.
He then checked out the coaster brake system, and looked at me.But said you peddle back...(This is all in Greek,his english is not that good and my Greek is even worst)
But he did notice and understood that the hub had 3 inter gears..
He showed me 2 of his bikes,a cool downhill mountain bike and a old vintage racer...His shop is a mess,but he seems to know where everything is:thumbsup:I noticed a lot of old cool things around...He started the machine and slowly made the hole bigger and charged me 0.00 ...:banana:
I told him I will be back 2 have 2 bottom brackets made extra wide...
This afternoon I fitted the sprocket on,(what a pain in the Admirals rear ***) :arghh::headbang:
CAM00752.jpg
Will tight and line it up tomorrow .
Also the 1951 taxe plaque arrived(much bigger than I expected) but :cool2:.
CAM00754.jpg
Much larger than the one I will dedicate to my Gran.
CAM00755.jpg

Also the stand arrived.I am only waiting on the headbadge and siren...:whistle:
I found 1 tin of root beer in the supermarket,the first time ever I have seen it here on the island.So I requested a few more cases. I haven't had one in 20years:cry:.But today was :113:
CAM00745.jpg

A nice break for lunch...

I forgot how beautiful a view you have!

Sounds like you have made a friend there with the machinist!

Luke.
I hope so,he likes bikes,and rides from time to time,his in his 60's I would say.Might try and see if he feels like rollin one day.He also said that he saw me on AOD once...

Thinkin of changing the name to this build...'2 steps forward,1 step back':happy::aggressive:
Had me,myself and I day yesterday and spent most of it on BAM:):113:
Manage to true the rear sprocket on the rim:thumbsup:
Mount the motor:thumbsup:
Set up the throttle + clutch cable:thumbsup:
Sorted out the grip shift to convert to a stick,sprayed it cream:thumbsup:
Mounted the chain and went rollin around the yard,rides smooth:thumbsup:
Mounted or tried to mount the motor chain,guess what 2 short by 9 links.:headbang::20:
I have a old rusty garelli chain that is same size,will order another new chain and if it doesnt arrive in time will use the old one...
And then notice that the clutch is stuck...:20:
Seems quite common on these motors,so found a clip,how to fix that prob,hopefully sort it out in a day or 2.
Also started on the light bracket.1 strip of metal.
CAM00756.jpg
Bent it.
CAM00757.jpg
Cut 1 hoop/ring of this candle thingy holder...
CAM00759.jpg
CAM00762.jpg
tried it on for size
CAM00761.jpg

Weld together
CAM00764.jpg

and use the clamp of this,for the mount.
CAM00686.jpg
Talk about snore-fest....:whistle:
New camera on Wednesday so better pics...

Hoping to have it finished in time.Double work load at the moment until the 30th...
Managed to adjust the clutch,but the clutch cover is scraping...So will cut out a thicker gasket from cardboard...
Will try and get chain sorted today...

WOW I haven't checked in for a while. Great progress! Keep it up Funk :thumbsup:

Last few days been running around lookin for a chain...
Found a 415s,should do the trick:39:...Will need to add a xtra chain guide to keep it off the tire...Will spend some time on her tomorrow...
So far managed to release the clutch.:thumbsup:
CAM00767.jpg
Also cut out a extra thick gasket,you can see where the guides have been scraping on the cover...Seems to be all in order...:thumbsup:
CAM00776.jpg
Made the plaque/dedication to my Gran...:thumbsup:
CAM00777.jpg
Have set up the gear changer and all cables.:thumbsup:
All I have to do is.
Mount the headlight:whistle:
Make the stick shift:whistle:
Mount chain:whistle:
Mount the plaque:whistle:
I will redo one side of the tank,but maybe after the comp:39:
The headbadge hasn't arrived yet,something tells me it's not going to show up at all...:cry:
And I need a day for Minnehaha to be completed...
So looks like I will finish on time...:113:

Playing around a lil here...
Rear beehive light from a cinema,with flashing lights and sirens...
CAM00796.jpg

took the red dome away,unsold the wires and threaded into the base plate,grinded down the back,and it fits in perfectly...

Playing around a lil here...
Rear beehive light from a cinema,with flashing lights and sirens...View attachment 5221
took the red dome away,unsold the wires and threaded into the base plate,grinded down the back,and it fits in perfectly...

Love it! Nice work!! :D Looking awesome :thumbsup:

Sorry about your granny. That's sad. Glad you're dedicating bike to her. I have a small tribute piece on my BO bike dedicated to my wife's recently departed gram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back