BO 11 Trophy & Prize pool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Prize for the COOLEST LIGHT AWARD is this funky vintage emergency light. It even has a motor to spin the police light around.

index.php

I was looking over the finished gallery and diving into the Finished threads to determine the coolest light and it wasn't easy.

But then I got down to #47 in the list and immediately knew I found the winner. To me, this is one of the sickest lights ever!! I love the shape, the amber lense, the paint, and the pinstriping. Oh yeah and the bike it's attached to ain't too shabby either.

So the winner of this funky emergency light is non other than @gowjobs and his Schwinn Drop Out!

drop%20out%2005_zps8rix9vqg.jpg

drop%20out%2010_zpsttll78ls.jpg
Awesome prize king fish , but his head light is even cooler !!! You definitely picked the right light . Killer bike glowjob[emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, is it just me, or is this bike levitating? I cannot for the life of me see a kickstand in this awesome shot, his build thread nor finished bike photos. It escapes me how it floats upright while not moving...:praise:

It's supported by sheer coolness alone.
No, all kidding aside, you can see his kickstand in this pic here. No magic at all. Just great photos and a cool bike!

index.php

OK, is it just me, or is this bike levitating? I cannot for the life of me see a kickstand in this awesome shot, his build thread nor finished bike photos. It escapes me how it floats upright while not moving...:praise:
It was hard getting my wife to let go of the bike and run out of the pic before it fell into the water. Took several attempts to get it with lots of blow-drying in-between shots.

In all seriousness about 15 minutes after this pic was taken a bald eagle flew right over the bike at about 15-20 feet. No amount of scrambling, laying on the ground or constant snapping could make up for the weird angle and low light. So close to getting a picture of a lifetime but I am still very happy with this one.

It was hard getting my wife to let go of the bike and run out of the pic before it fell into the water. Took several attempts to get it with lots of blow-drying in-between shots. So close to getting a picture of a lifetime but I am still very happy with this one.
There it is! I looked at that photo, but still wasn't sure. If the King Fish or any other fish was sticking his head or tail out of the creel, it would be a pic of a lifetime!! :giggle:

Well with pleaser I present this 2nd placetrophy , scull & wrenches with schwinn RRB sprocket & logo ...
To: Black Out & the Bare Bonnie(Ville). One awesome lean mean flats racing machine !!!!
Congratulations [emoji1303][emoji1303]
Pm me with your address...

My first full effort BO bike was Flexy and it won 5th place in BO7, so I always try to offer up a prize for 5th place. This year for 5th place I am offering up the flaming skull that is the first pic (2011) in my Fresh Finds thread. In the event of a tie, I will randomly break the tie for the prize.

View attachment 31162

Congratulations to "12 Year Project" by @LBCJ for coming in 5th Place and winning the Flexy Fifth award. I'll PM you for your address so that I can send this flaming skull prize to you for your killer build!

index.php

Congratulations to @The Renaissance Man for winning Build Off 11 with Elgin DecoLuxe!!!!!
As always you took attention to design details to a ho nuvah level. Way to go on becoming the third two time Build Off Winner along with @karfer67 and @fordsnake !
I hope to finish your trophy this weekend. I'll continue to post progress updates here.

Well with pleaser I present this 2nd placetrophy , scull & wrenches with schwinn RRB sprocket & logo ...
To: Black Out & the Bare Bonnie(Ville). One awesome lean mean flats racing machine !!!!
Congratulations
emoji1303.png
emoji1303.png

Pm me with your address...

Thanks to all that voted for Bare Bonnie(ville) my first build off and had a blast! lots of great bikes to go up against didn't figure I would be here.
And Thanks to G-Matt for making 2nd place trophy will display great on my shelf:thumbsup:
Congrats to all on great builds!

Okay I'm throwing prizes into the pot..
Ive always enjoyed the wacky prizes that come out of here,and it adds extra fun.

I came across these on fleecebay,and thought would make a great prize.Chunk of raw metal to hang on your wall.
Price is great for USA but not for abroad.Shipping is just Route 66 robbery.
So I decided that the winner gets a choice, either the item below if you are in the USA, or a Tee with your winning bike printed onto it(If winner is out of USA you have NO choice.The printed tee will be your prize.)
The Tshirt will be of your color and size choice.
View attachment 31172
OR Rat bike,the guy says there are some defects?Looks like he is knew at laser cutting. So I like to give people who give it a go a chance...View attachment 31173
And second place gets a choice of one of these Tshirts. You pick your slogan,size and color.
Once you have chosen your design I will let you know the colors that are available.View attachment 31174

Congratulations to @The Renaissance Man for winning Build Off 11 a stunning bike with attention to detail. Pm me what you decide as your prize,either a rat metal wall plaque or a t-shirt with a photo of your bike(your choice pic,T color and neck style)

Also to 2nd place Bare Bonnie(ville) by Blackout excellent work,You get to choose a design from one of the Tee's above.Pm me and I will let you know the color and size choises.

Last edited:
Got back in the shop tonight and made some progress on the 1st Place trophy.

Mounted the axle to the star base. I'll screw the hub into the freewheel once I am finished with paint and I'm ready for final assembly.

20160811_184547.jpg

I had to go back to the MTB chainring in order to be able to have the headlight still work.

Notched out the rear light section to accomodate the chainring tabs

20160811_195339.jpg
20160811_195356.jpg
20160811_195438.jpg
20160811_195448.jpg
20160811_195457.jpg
20160811_200906.jpg

Mounted it into the spokes and turned the light on.

20160811_202025.jpg
20160811_202124.jpg

Took it inside to show off to Queenfish

20160811_203517.jpg

I'l post another video shortly. I'm pretty pleased with how it's falling into place right now. Just a few more elements to go.

Here is a video of what I have so far. It's a little off balance right now, but will be better when I am done.

Here is another

Latest posts

Back