(BO-X) RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike (Finished, last detailed pictures)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bicycle,but all I can think and hear in my head is (forgive me if I mis spell it)

Wraaaaaaaannnt
Wraaaaaaaannnt
Wraaaaaaaannnt
Huwtaaaaantttt
Kshoooshhhhh
Wraaaaaaaanntt

This build is so much fun and so detailed!!!
It's like it was made my Revell and we are all getting a buzz from it like model glue

DSCN1176.jpg

DSCN1179.jpg

Those are unreal. Super cool.:thumbsup:

Thanks ALL for the likes. I am really pushing to get this done by the dead line. I am in the middle of doing a gazillion things. I also sprained my ankle last week and have had to try and stay off of it but that hasn't stopped me completely. I still have to work to make the bread. Even at the end there are still additions I want on it that I know I don't have the time to complete. They will just have to be added after I move to the new house.

Looks like your derailleur hanger might be pushing your wheel too far forward?
I took your advice and pulled off the derailleur. There was a portion at the end of it, where it is pressed to make the tang (lip) so it sets in the drop out, that is about 5/32 of an inch. I grinded it out and still retained a tad bit of the tang and that set the axle back 1/8 inch more. I also added a plastic washer behind the brake pad so that the caliper arms would not have to compress as much. That helped a lot as the more it had to compress the closer the caliper was to rubbing the edge of the tire.
The 15mm flange nut on the right side I had to swap out with a washer less 17mm so I could get the stay bolt on the derailleur. (tight fit there)
My 50t sprocket was in the mail today as well and I got he BB reassembled. I'm expecting my shifter cable to arrive tomorrow and get that sorted out.
DSCN1181.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

Last edited:
Getting close!

Luke.
Yeah after sitting back and looking at all that is let there isn't a whole lot left to make it ride able. There are things I would still like to do to it but they may have to be done later. I have a Stewart & Warner speedometer for it but my cable is too short. It is a 23" and I need one at least 28". It has the 9/16" ends on it. I also have a 5' parachute for it but I still need to make the bag and bracket for it. The last thing is the wheelie bars. I think I have all of the parts for that it's just going to take some time to make. Time is a valuable commodity at this point.

So, got the shifter cable in the mail yesterday and now I have to make my own cable. The cable was originally on a Schwinn Krate so all of those cables were the same length +/- and inch or so. Since I have a longer frame and an odd mounting location for the overload tube I only needed some of the parts that this cable had.
I also had to make my own clamps to hold the overload tube. Using the same method I did to make my clamps for the CAT bike plate. The chain stay is 3/4" so I used a 3/4" diameter bolt taped to the overload tube to use as my sizing tool to make the clamps the proper size.
Next I routed the cables to make sure they would reach. Now I'll measure and cut the cable jackets.
DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1190.jpg

DSCN1191.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1194.jpg

DSCN1195.jpg

DSCN1196.jpg

Latest posts

Back