BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII * FINISHED *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch,,, Yeah i was going to post the guard thing also ,must be some way of adding one , i can tell buy your Skills soo far you'll come up with something ...
Nice Build !

~RafaeL~

I am definitely not touching the fins on the engine itself. Could run hot but I have seen the flywheel fin removal many times.
Ah, I get it now. I misunderstood the first post about it.:blush:
Build on, looks like you've got things well under control. BTW, the tanks are a brilliant idea, looks so cool!

Ah, I get it now. I misunderstood the first post about it.:blush:
Build on, looks like you've got things well under control. BTW, the tanks are a brilliant idea, looks so cool!

Thanks, I appreciate it. The build off and this site has a very supportive base and a lot of constructive feedback. I spend almost as much time on this site as working on the bike. It has made this build a lot cooler to work through and it has been really cool seeing other creative minds at work. It raises the bar and has a great community aspect to it. Thanks all!

The tank look awesome in place!!!

Love this bike! It is EXACTLY the bike I'd like to build one day.

Bravo dude!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I appreciate the complement. I checked out your Coasters Bike Club and that's pretty tight. I am sure Tempe or Phoenix has something like that going on out here I will have to check into. Anyway, thanks again.

This is one fantastic bike :13::41:

It is good to see all of your engineering of the jack shaft and how it interfaces with the bike. Will removing the fins on the flywheel compromise the balance? Good call on the front disc brake given the speed you should see. Love the idea for the tanks. Cant wait to see the run video.

It is good to see all of your engineering of the jack shaft and how it interfaces with the bike. Will removing the fins on the flywheel compromise the balance? Good call on the front disc brake given the speed you should see. Love the idea for the tanks. Cant wait to see the run video.

On some of these Briggs the flywheels I have seen have different thickness in the fins which once cutting them off may set off the balance. The fins on this engine are symmetrical. Once I am done cutting them off I am going to start it up and take a sanding wheel to the final pass for insta lathe effect. Another person that has done one of these suggested the process and it makes sense. A lot of this has been trial and error. My latest nightmare is bending these cranks for clearance. I think I have that dialed in as well. Fingers crossed on all this.

Today I tried to bend the cranks to give a little space for the engine. I used a propane torch and a few pipes while the cranks were tightened to the frame. Nothing really worked with that process besides an awkward odd bend on one crank before I gave up. I guess I am going to have to cut away some crank, bend and weld back together. I have heard of people even doing cold bends on cranks and cannot even see how that works. Little frustrated but this is about the first part of the build that did not go as expected. Time is ticking away! Gotta get a move on!

So after work tonight I decided to try and tackle the cranks once again. The heated bend just was not going to give me enough control over the bends I need. So, I worked one side cutting, bending and re-welding. Once I cut the fins off the flywheel will see where I am at on the other side. The pull start may give me some clearance issues on the other side but I am cutting the flywheel in in the morning so well see.

cranks_progress_web_zpsb320a2b5.jpg

cranks_finished_web_zps177d1008.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back