Bobcycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok so i read the rules, and i didnt see any thing about how old the bike had to be, so i hope no one will care that im uesing this stock chopper frame to build my Bobber bicycle. nothing has be modded on the frame, i bought this bike at a pawn shop fo $50

1.jpg

tell me what you think.

My inspiration

bobber.jpg

Welcome.
The bike looks like it might have been a contender "as is" although that's against the rules. Are those stickers all over it?
This bike is perfect for what you are trying to accomplish. Wonder what it would look like with a springer fork of some kind.

Yep, no year regulation!
If you decide to toss the bars, snap a picture and send it my way. I might be interested.

Are you HAMBer? Just wondering because of your username. Thanks

ahhh stickers, who idea was that

well i im almost done striping the bike of all 4 or 5 layers of stickers, that some crazy person put on it its prevous life.
2.jpg

about the old handle bars, i want to try a flat bar first if that makes it to hard to turn i want to try ape hangers, but if i cant find any i can afford i have to keep the ones i have now.

bars

dumpster_diver said:
Yep, no year regulation!
If you decide to toss the bars, snap a picture and send it my way. I might be interested.

Are you HAMBer? Just wondering because of your username. Thanks

nope my not hamber, but yeah i want to try a flat handle bar style and maybe some ape hangers, so if i can find some cheap enough for me ill be willing to let lose the ones i have know.

forks

aka_locojoe said:
Welcome.
The bike looks like it might have been a contender "as is" although that's against the rules. Are those stickers all over it?
This bike is perfect for what you are trying to accomplish. Wonder what it would look like with a springer fork of some kind.

yeah those were stikers, man i think the hardest part of this build is removing them, theres like 4 or 5 layers.

i think it would look awsome with a springer fork, but im a noob when it comes to finding stuff like this, so if anyone could help me find some that whould be awsome! thanks.

those choppher forks might have to find a new home

those chopher forks might have to find a new home, i found a 26inch spinger. im gona order it, if i like it the straight chopper gotta go.

thats cool my son just bought a schwinn full size like that it would be great to see it with ape hangers look forward to seein it finished!!

ah crap

jeez i have no time to work on this, im not sure ill beable to find the right parts i need for it in time. APE HANGERS, SEAT,

if I could make a friendly suggestion, I would say ditch the stock moped style kick stand and figgure out a swing out harley style kickstand.

krazi

krazi said:
if I could make a friendly suggestion, I would say ditch the stock moped style kick stand and figgure out a swing out harley style kickstand.

krazi

thanks, im always open for sugestions after all i am a newbie at this stuff. thats is somthing i will look at doing.

Re: .

poorhotrodboy said:
krazi said:

krazi

thanks, im always open for sugestions after all i am a newbie at this stuff. thats is somthing i will look at doing.

the bike holds some Solid lines..
with the right color combo you will do just fine on the build..
even if your learnin..it's a cool bike and you'll make it look wicked!

it's in the blood!

peace,
Kev.

frame painted

heres my painted frame

3frame.jpg

i couldent get my cranks off so i just baged them. i will be adding some pin striping later... i still need a seat and some ape hangers cheap lmk thanks.

chris

bike

ah ha! with the help of my dad, i have a surprize this weekend. ok your probably not as excited as me. but oh well haha. im going to the motocycle scrap shop, and pulling a few parts, i hope i can find what im looking for. ill post pics as soon as possible.

thanks for all the inspiration! this is really fun and cheap. i love it!

bring your neck with yaa to the dump!
if you see Handle Bars your wondering about you can size em up.

heck..bring the whole bike with yaa.it doesn't hurt for true measurments to have it in the Truck!

"outsider13" seems to be the master at adapting true Harley Ape Hangers to Bicycles so PM him..
I'm sure he'd help yaa out..
Your bikes looking great!

Latest posts

Back