"Boss Ross" the Roth-inspired Apollo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So here it is, just a day to go, and I got this thing together! With so much of my time spent out-of-state, I had to forgo the candy yellow over silver flake I'd originally envisioned, and went with a finked-out "ratina" look, instead. Inspired by Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's show cars and monster cartoons, this decal really set the tone:
BoceTWQBWkKGrHqUH-D8EuFdG078nBLnhlR.jpg

So here it is:
bossross109.jpg

bossross100.jpg

BEFORE:
ApolloUno02.jpg

AFTER:
bossross112.jpg

..and now the details:
bossross107.jpg

A micro-mini BMX wheel (451mm) up front features a 1" wide slick and a six-shooter XS hub. This is dragster-cool, Daddy-O!

bossross103.jpg

bossross105.jpg

The black widow's hourglass on that taillight gives followers a warning, and check out how those aluminum pedals echo the design of that seatpost clamp!
Big Daddy - style sayings and cartoons appear here and there on the frame and fork. Here are a couple more:
bossross101.jpg

bossross106.jpg

bossross110.jpg

bossross104.jpg

How about the spaced-out eyeball and antennae on that tiki-tough bamboo fender?

bossross111.jpg

Those super-narrow mini-apes received glitter grips, a double-clamp stem and these leather tassles with resin skull beads.

Two more for the road!
bossross108.jpg

bossross102.jpg

BUILD THREAD:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26170&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

gowjobs said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen: WOW im so glad you pulled it out. I didnt think you would finish for a while there. Dude your bike is awesome. Roth would have liked it. I wanted to take a picture like that one for my Roth build but I couldnt find the right mask.

I'm pretty happy with the result, even if I'd originally pictured a more flashy finished product. Now if I could just ride it for more than a few miles without my thighs/knees burning... guess if one is over six feet tall and 200+ lbs., maybe a 20" banana bike isn't the wisest choice. I'll pay my dues for cool.

With so many builds it's hard to keep track.....Your close up pics show an AMAZING amount of detail and work. GREAT job!

Awesome build

Latest posts

Back